No Man's Sky - Procedural space game

This looks really interesting. For some reason, I'm far more interested in this and Elite Dangerous than in Star Citizen.

SC seems to be big, shiny, busy and Hollywood. Elite Dangerous, and now No Man's Sky seem to be going for a more thoughtful, darker, desolate SF setting. Maybe it's a British thing?

I agree with this. I'm not entirely sure why, but I thought there was a definite Peter F Hamilton vibe to that teaser vid.

dont get me wrong, I'm hugely excited for Elite Dangerous and even more so for No Mans Land, but dayum, I can't wait for Star Citizen.

I've kickstarted ED, but my concern is to create a huge living breathing and interesting universe, with lots of interesting content takes time and therefore money. SC seems to have bucket loads of money, where as ED does not.

If we liken it to wanting GTA5 in space, with lots and lots and lots of interesting details and unique content, then we clearly need a huge investment in time/money to achieve that... SC seems to have that... Just hope ED does too!

SC seems to be big, shiny, busy and Hollywood. Elite Dangerous, and now No Man's Sky seem to be going for a more thoughtful, darker, desolate SF setting. Maybe it's a British thing?

Not liking how all these epic looking space sims are coming out all at once, how is one meant to have time to fully immerse in them all? :P

I am following it over here anyways so I get notified on release - http://www.hypebadger.com/projects/no-mans-sky.html

dont get me wrong, I'm hugely excited for Elite Dangerous and even more so for No Mans Land, but dayum, I can't wait for Star Citizen.

Really wish I had come across Star Citizen sooner to back it. Game looks like it will be incredible

Edit: Looks like they have packages available on their site, will back it next month. Hopefully it'll live up to expectations

Last edited:
From an early child I've imagined a game that allowed you to actually fly into the planets and then back out again, with millions of different planets to explore and life forms, civilisations etc. This could be epic as I was 16 when Elite was released so I've been thinking about it for a LONG time :D

From an early child I've imagined a game that allowed you to actually fly into the planets and then back out again, with millions of different planets to explore and life forms, civilisations etc. This could be epic as I was 16 when Elite was released so I've been thinking about it for a LONG time :D

Indeed... Unless - as will probably be the case - after a couple of dozen you start to see the pattern by which they are all built...

This was my game of E3 so far, what a mesmerizingly beautiful game... Something about the art style and colours of the game really make it stand out. Here's two new gameplay trailers of the game.

Back
Top Bottom