No Man's Sky - Procedural space game

That video looks awesome. Couldn't be much more BSG if it tried. Player ship looks like a Viper, and it's taking off from a carrier launch deck.

I just hope the PC version isn't too late in coming to the party, and that it is a good game, and not just an awesome programming exercise.

They could release it right now as is and I'd still pay full price and be happy, absolutely love the art direction personally and I'll be happier than a pig in muck just exploring stuff.

If this was PC only it would have come out by now :rolleyes: PS4 optimisation is the only reason this is taking so long (and the data they lost in the flood!).

The visuals in the gameplay trailer is certainly impressive.

Don't know about how well any of the gameplay mechanics will work, but purely from an exploration viewpoint it looks thrilling.

PC Master Race!
:mad:

wfDSSkD.png
You cannot hide the truth forever most multiplatform games are delayed for a long time to optimise to fit onto consoles :rolleyes:

If PC was the target platform for games then they ported to console afterwards you would see a massive difference in graphics/gameplay/loading times !

Developers are sometimes paid to delay release on PC until it's out on consoles, they'll sell just as many, if not more by delaying and have a chunk of cash from Sony/MS so you can see why it happens.

just a glorified tech demo until i see some real gameplay and not these "on rails" gameplay vids. Show me some **** flying into an asteroid, nose first into a planet etc and then ill believe its "gameplay".

Also watched a bit of the dev talking at the playstation event at the weekend and i was a little suprised to hear that they plan for the actual game to be tiny in terms of instal size. Their plan seems to be to have the majority of the game streamed from their servers.

Knowing the joys PSN has im pretty sure pc will be the way to go but i also hate the thought of my game depending on their server infrastructure holding up, what happens if they pull the plug? we all left with a few hundred Mb of a game install which will do nothing?

Need more info before the hype catches me im afraid

Also watched a bit of the dev talking at the playstation event at the weekend and i was a little suprised to hear that they plan for the actual game to be tiny in terms of instal size. Their plan seems to be to have the majority of the game streamed from their servers.

That is not their plan at all, it's procedurally generated which means it doesn't need gigabytes of textures and samples.

Back
Top Bottom