No Man's Sky - Procedural space game

Associate
I'm a grade A donkey. I forgot about one of the easiest ways to make money which is to buy 3 S class Scanner upgrades for your multi tool (the ones that increase the % on fauna and flora). You will have to travel to a few space stations to buy them from the vendors using nanite clusters, but with those installed everything you scan will give you more money. For example plants can give 70-100k per scan and some of the big animals can give you up to 400k each. That's the easiest way to make money in the early game.

Sorry only just seeing this. Never looked at the scanner upgrades. Always went for something cooler like gun or mining :D Will give it a go, cheers

Soldato
Starting to get a good bit of cash coming in, upgraded the scanner to max, and have been farming some materials to make things to sell on. Don't seem to have upgraded my ship for a very long time, so that is on my list to do next.

Permabanned
The reaction from some players when you join their game can be quite funny, seems a lot of users leave their mics on and have no idea you can hear them.

Some freakout and disconnect right away, others are cautious, well others curious and friendly.

The friendly ones get a few stacks of stasis mods, I won't say what the others get. :p

Permabanned
If you join someone's game can you attack them and loot their base ect?

You can indeed, so long as they're online, you can remove most of their base and claim back resources, you can attack them as well.

To be honest if somebody joined my game and I was at my base I would exit the game as well, they can delete your base if you're online.

If you're offline they can mess around the terrain only which resets (when you join another players game), so it's not a big deal.

Soldato
You can indeed, so long as they're online, you can remove most of their base and claim back resources, you can attack them as well.

To be honest if somebody joined my game and I was at my base I would exit the game as well, they can delete your base if you're online.

If you're offline they can mess around the terrain only which resets (when you join another players game), so it's not a big deal.

That's evil, I would be traumatised

Permabanned
The Experimental release has been pushed already to the public version, they did that today :)

Oh, wasn't aware. I'm at work!!

Will test it later. :p

EDIT: Yep, we now have options to stop PVP and players editing, PVP is still enabled by default though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for pointing out the network play stuff, always leave my game open for mates, never reliased random people could destroy my stuff...

Got a wierd problem with an auto miner.
I've put it on a cobalt node and at 1st, it works fine, but after the 1st load, it mines copper instead. :confused:

Soldato
^^^^^^ That's a weird one, with the miner and I haven't heard of that before.
You might need to bug report it.?

This game is a less informative than it should be.
You have to start a game before you can access any game settings and, unless they have changed it, the multiplayer aspect is automatically set to being on.
IMO that should be set to off and you should be taken to that screen at the game start to make a choice.

So much of how this game functions is hidden.

Permabanned
Uh oh, didn't know this was a thing!?

Asking for a friend, is this considered frowned upon to do this to other players? ;) :D

I've never done it myself but yes deleting another players base or even parts of it would be classed as griefing, it was well it worked a very easy way to get lots of resources. :D

Now I think you can only add to bases which is what usually I do (with help of a trainer, easy building), I'm not sure if that's griefing or not, I guess it depends what you add. :p

Associate
Loving this game now. Loved it before, but it's so much better now.

If anyone on Steam gets clunky performance, disabling the Steam Overlay seems to have made quite a difference to me. Ok, I've lost the FPS counter, but it feels a heck of a lot smoother.

Back
Top Bottom