No Man's Sky - Procedural space game

Soldato
Loving this game now. Loved it before, but it's so much better now.

If anyone on Steam gets clunky performance, disabling the Steam Overlay seems to have made quite a difference to me. Ok, I've lost the FPS counter, but it feels a heck of a lot smoother.

Cheers for that will give it a try. I'm only running a 1050Ti, so have most things turned down quite a bit in an effort to keep the frame rates up. Just out of interest how many hours have folk put into this? I've just hit 20 hours and it still feels like I've just only dipped my toe in the water. I had my first crash back out the windows desktop yesterday, sods law I had just discovered a manufacturing base. (whatever that may have been, LOL)

Soldato
172hrs on the clock so far.
That's total play though - only got one 20hr save game on the go at present.

Some way to go before I catch Skylines and Banished, at 571 and 527 hrs respectively..

I'm tempted to bin off my first 20 odd hours and start again now that I have a feel for how it all fits together. It's one of the few games that I can actually understand how you could easily lose a lot of hours to it. It can be a grind, but it's chilled and easy to unwind to, thus far anyway. It's one of the very few games that have hooked me in, in a very, very long time.

Associate
Absolutely. I play Creative mode- just enjoy travelling, exploring and mooching about. The scale of everything astounds me. It was just starting to get a bit dry, when the NEXT update came along, thankfully with multiplayer and enough new stuff to make it fresh again.
Had a nice session the other night; found a nice planet and decided to build a base there, on the edge of a lovely lake. Halfway through the build, two more players join my game and both come to visit. After agreeing what a nice planet it was, they've both built bases too, one on the other side of the lake, one on an island in the middle.
One of them logged off cos he was tired, the other said cheerio and went off exploring.

It wasn't much, but I just thought 'Wow'. And the multiplayer aspect is only just getting going. Interesting to see what develops over the coming months.

Soldato
So whilst i wait for some wizz kid to fix their mods, so that i can hover on planets again, i have installed superman mod, now i have unlimited jet pack, faster walk, and faster run, so don't need the ship anymore :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Can anyone confirm my understanding of swapping stuff between inventories?

So you can only move things to and from your starship if you're close to it (I got a mod for being able to teleport distantly, but was disappointed to find that it only made it a little further).
You can move things TO your freighter no matter where it is, but you can only get things back from it by being on it.

Is that all right, or am I doing something wrong? And is there anything you can do to make inventory management easier?

Soldato
Can anyone confirm my understanding of swapping stuff between inventories?

So you can only move things to and from your starship if you're close to it (I got a mod for being able to teleport distantly, but was disappointed to find that it only made it a little further).
You can move things TO your freighter no matter where it is, but you can only get things back from it by being on it.

Is that all right, or am I doing something wrong? And is there anything you can do to make inventory management easier?

Yes, yes and yes

Soldato
Can anyone give some suggestions on how to use the Exocraft?
I do like the scanner on it for finding buildings as such, but it's such a pain that you can't looking around for artifacts and such when your in it.

Associate
Can anyone give some suggestions on how to use the Exocraft?
I do like the scanner on it for finding buildings as such, but it's such a pain that you can't looking around for artifacts and such when your in it.

It'd be great if your could activate beacons, knowledge stones etc without having to jump out of it first. Just pull alongside and click...

Soldato
Flew to a system today, and found an abandoned space station, was quite weird lol, and the planet next too it was a "Temporary" planet, which looked like it was made of polygons and when i landed had loads of weird trees

Soldato
My farm is producing some good currency now, not finished yet but its good start -

2F1E6C2E16C43B03B9E357CC1BA008825E41F6AB

Back
Top Bottom