No Man's Sky

Soldato
I heard somewhere it might be as early as an August the 4th release.. But that could just be trolling. I hope I'm right though. I cannot freaking wait to sink my teeth into this one. I've always wondered what it would be like to be a star traveller.. And this seems damn close!

It looks to be a pretty solid 60fps too. Which is a nice surprise! The menu system looks crisp, clean and easy to use. The made up periodic table is awesome, I wonder what other elements we could end up finding!

I also can't wait to see where to video left off on that random planet. It's the first video we will have seen of an unexplored, Un rehearsed planet. Sean doesn't even know what will be on it as the ign reviewer chose it.

Soldato
Impressive video the of the size of the universe looked amazing! I think i will play as scientific explorer Captain Janeway style.

Permabanned
I heard somewhere it might be as early as an August the 4th release.. But that could just be trolling. I hope I'm right though. I cannot freaking wait to sink my teeth into this one. I've always wondered what it would be like to be a star traveller.. And this seems damn close!

It looks to be a pretty solid 60fps too. Which is a nice surprise! The menu system looks crisp, clean and easy to use. The made up periodic table is awesome, I wonder what other elements we could end up finding!

I also can't wait to see where to video left off on that random planet. It's the first video we will have seen of an unexplored, Un rehearsed planet. Sean doesn't even know what will be on it as the ign reviewer chose it.

August 4th :eek: I doubt it's true, but if it is my pants are moist!

We'd probably get supply chain leaks if it was that near, unless it's digital only

Soldato
A nice gif I saw on neogaf :D

bH61XiP.gif

Soldato
Still wondering about player interaction on that video when's he's at the trading outpost, he said it could be another player landing to trade. Surely they will add some sort of interaction?

Soldato
There will be more news / coverage today apparently. I'll post it up if I come across anything new. :D

I think they will add some sort of interaction, like the way journey dealt with interaction perhaps.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm sure I saw an interview with Sean a while back where he stated interaction would be very much like Journey if you ever ended up meeting anybody else.

Associate
I think this is the game that will finally push me into getting a PS4 - been holding out for ages (PS3 has kept me happy), but I'm very excited about this game. Hope we don't have to wait too long.

Associate
I'm quietly hopeful, but there was some Grade A pop in visible in that gameplay with objects appearing from nowhere and the grass LOD increasing like a wave over the hills. Hopefully they have time for some more optimizing.

Soldato
Didn't one of the devs say that once you leave a planet and then return, the planet will have been regenerated, so will be completely different to how it was when you first encountered it?

I fail to see therefore, how one can discover a planet that ceases to exist in the form in which it was discovered once it has been left.

Soldato
Didn't one of the devs say that once you leave a planet and then return, the planet will have been regenerated, so will be completely different to how it was when you first encountered it?

I fail to see therefore, how one can discover a planet that ceases to exist in the form in which it was discovered once it has been left.

it stays the same. once a planet has been discovered. it stays that planet for the life of the game. you can even name the thing if you want to :D

Back
Top Bottom