No Man's Sky

Soldato
I think there are multiple galaxies (I'm sure I've heard Sean mention multiple galaxies) , all leading to a central point. Or the "center"

After searching I'm pretty sure it's only 1 galaxy buts it's huge anyway with tons of stars with multiple planets and moons within each star from the galactic map.

Guess we will find out soon enough, can't wait!

Soldato
No release date yet. But seeing as it's featuring on ign first of the month, people are assuming (hoping) the release date isn't too far off.. Maybe 1 to 3 months. Very hopeful.. :p

Soldato
Ok, I'm going to say it... the draw distance pop in is awful :( and I really hope that not every planet has such abundant life or even life at all, it seems like every system shown has dropped into a singular planet with masses of activity in space and on the surface.

It doesn't stop me wanting the game but I sure hope it's not really that way.

Soldato
Ok, I'm going to say it... the draw distance pop in is awful :( and I really hope that not every planet has such abundant life or even life at all, it seems like every system shown has dropped into a singular planet with masses of activity in space and on the surface.

It doesn't stop me wanting the game but I sure hope it's not really that way.

I've been reading quite a bit on no mans sky lately. From what i've heard, because how the game is made, coded and procedural, the pop in is unavoidable. :( still, wont stop me buying the game. And who knows, you might be able to get less pop in when you tweak the settings on the pc version. (so that might be the version to get, if the pop in really is an annoyance for some of us) I'll be getting the ps4 version as i don't find it too distracting.

Also, Sean said about 1 in 9 planets will have life. The reason you've seen so much life on these videos, is that the planets have been purposely chosen to support life, for the purpose of the videos. You will find baron and lifeless planets. :D

Soldato
But we've only ever seen a single planet in any system as far as I can remember which concerns me, have we even seen any suns at all let alone other planets or moons in the same system?

Man of Honour
Also, Sean said about 1 in 9 planets will have life. The reason you've seen so much life on these videos, is that the planets have been purposely chosen to support life, for the purpose of the videos. You will find baron and lifeless planets. :D

Yup, we have briefly seen one in the most recent economy video. I think he said the harsher worlds appear closer to the galactic centre too?

Soldato
But we've only ever seen a single planet in any system as far as I can remember which concerns me, have we even seen any suns at all let alone other planets or moons in the same system?

The build that has been shown so far has been a customized build specifically built so sean could show as much as he could without giving anything away or spoiling any suprises. we've literally only seen maybe a handful of planets at most. and they keep showing the same ones over and over. basically, he doesn't want to give too much away.

Yup, we have briefly seen one in the most recent economy video. I think he said the harsher worlds appear closer to the galactic centre too?

yep. harsher environments, like radioactive, very hot and very cold temperatures. also, bigger, stronger and more powerfully aggressive creatures are closer to the center. also the closer you get to the center the more "wierd" planets get. we don't exactly know what this means.. but im excited :D

Last edited:
Associate
Didn't he briefly land on a moon during that 18 minute long IGN sneak peak thing?

I'm pretty sure I'll be getting it to be honest. Only a disaster of a launch would convince me otherwise.

A release date WOULD be nice. Pls Sony!

Soldato
and really buggy judging by the E3 demo and the 10 man team.

Demo builds are frequently from a branch that is well behind the main trunk. They're usually hacked together to look good with no consideration for 'good' code. I wouldn't read much into that at all.

Managing bugs in a small dev team like that is MUCH easier than a typical AAA title with thousands of people working on it.

Soldato
Remains to be seen to be honest. I know you're all hyped for it but there's still a lot we don't know. Fingers crossed though it will be something great.

Surely if it were an August/September release we'd know by now?

Soldato
Is there any resource gathering on this game? If so surely you just find a planet with something you like, mine / gather it. Leave the planet then go back and it will all be as you first found it meaning you can go to the same place you were last time and mine / gather the same item over and over again. Presumably this is on Xbox too?

Soldato
PS4 and PC only at the moment AFAIK.

Presumably yes you will be able to go back and mine the same stuff, as details of stuff like that is probably infeasible to persist.

Back
Top Bottom