No Man's Sky

Soldato
Pretty sure XBone is a non starter, as for resource mining, it wouldn't be that hard to track what you have collected as a percentage of what is available on the planet and just adjust resource spawns to match the reduced amount.

Soldato
Give it a couple of weeks and it will be gathering dust.

The whole "create your own path" stuff that gets trotted around never works.

Unless it changes drastically its another game thats massive but very thin, only so much landing on a planet, collecting data and leaving before it comes tedious.

Pretty much how Elite Dangerous is now, wide but not deep.

Hopefully they prove me wrong as it's good to see small studios doing well but i don't hold much hope, not with all the hype.

Soldato

Unless it changes drastically its another game thats massive but very thin, only so much landing on a planet, collecting data and leaving before it comes tedious.

Hopefully they prove me wrong as it's good to see small studios doing well but i don't hold much hope, not with all the hype.

Not use your imagination I guess... Elite Dangerous is amazing because it allows you to use your imagination. This looks even better.

Permabanned
Not use your imagination I guess... Elite Dangerous is amazing because it allows you to use your imagination. This looks even better.

Yeah I think people have forgotten to think for themselves, elite is great for creating your own narrative and this looks good for that too

Soldato
I'm quite the opposite there - I dislike story based games these days. IMO, good quality game narrative are extremely rare and even the better ones don't match up to the countless movies, tv shows and books you could get. The whole 'interactive' aspect of gaming is honestly quite minimal in most games just to pad things out.

I'd much rather somebody create a world where I can have my own experience alone and/or with friends.

Not sure about this one by myself, but we'll see. I hope it does well though as if nothing else it's a cool idea and different to many other options we have on console.

Soldato
And who knows.. For the people who simply cannot play without others, they may be adding multiplayer at a later date. Land vehicles have been pretty much confirmed for a later date. So I'm thinking they will eventually add multiplayer.

I'm not bothered by no story, or no multiplayer. I'll make my own narrative. And own story. And I can't wait to get lost on some wierdly cool planets! The whole point of the game is to make the player feel and realise how lonely and empty space CAN be. When you finally come across a gem of a planet, itll feel like an achievement. Finding that planet and naming it yours.

And all the little or large inhabitants :D

I guess not everybody will have the same opinion as me.. And the game certainly won't be for everyone. Most people do prefer a hand held story to help them play. I'm happy with sandbox. :)

Soldato

Yeh because I'm not still playing elite some 8 months later at all lol...

Soldato
I cannot wait for this. I hope they add Morpheus support at a later date because this combined with VR is the stuff of dreams :)

I have fingers crossed that the PC version will have oculus support out of the box...but I guess that will depend largely on how deep in Sony's pocket they are.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom