Non traditional board games

Soldato
I quite like it. Very similar to Dungeons and Dragons but I find it easier and quicker (despite being a roleplayer)
Our group is ready for the 4th mission I think but not played for 6 months.
Very exexpandable I believe.

Soldato
Got home Wednesday to a package has arrived card... YAY Epic spell wars thought I, Got to the post office Thursday to find out it was a Graze box, Got home to another card... YAY, Got the post office Friday to find out it was Pandemic Contagion but got home to another card. Went to the post office this morning...nope Zombicide Walk of the dead #1 Zombie pack... got a package delivered just and it was Zombicide Toxic mall... GOD DAMN IT GIVE ME EPIC SPELL WARS!

Soldato
I do indeed, had a bit of spare cash over Christmas and rather than spend it on PC games id probably play once or alcohol+Food I opted to buy a shed load of board games instead. Lots of re-playability, far more sociable and helps me keep the weight off :D

I have to admit my wallet has taken a bit of a pounding in the last month

Warcraft Monopoly and Walking dead Monopoly £60
Zombidie £41.99
Munchkin Deluxe £21.59
Cluedo £19.69
Zombicide walk of the dead 2 £20.15
Pandemic £27.69
Forbidden Desert £17.62
Forbidden Island £16.50
Castle Panic £24.70
Epic Spell Wars £19.38
Zombicide Walk of the dead 1 £17.91
Pandemic Contagion £22.63
Stone Age £33.41
Zombicide Toxic City £20.00 (had a gift card)
Imperial Assault £68.62

£431.88 (ouch)

Then 4 kickstarters

Rum'n'bones $115 (£76) but will be adding a further $80-90 for the additional stuff I want
Tiny Epic Galaxies $36 (£24)
Conan $135 (£90) but will be adding more for the expansions and other stuff
Exploding Kittens $50 (£33)

£223 (meh)

Grand Total of approximately £655.....Jeepers that is a lot

Soldato
Not actually played in it but the reviews seemed very positive and it is supposed to be descent but with star wars and a few changes here and there.... There is A LOT in the box. I can take it all out and throw a picture up so you can see what you get for your money.

Associate
Is Imperial Assault any good? I love Star Wars and I'm just looking for any reason to buy it.

We've had one sitting of it playing the first campaign mission and the first side mission.

I don't own Descent but I was going to buy it before Imperial Assault was announced. Given how many expansions are out for Descent, having to wait for some to be reprinted I think Imperial Assault offers a better entry (and theme!) to get started on.

Now, as for the game itself. There are plenty of reviews online so I'll keep this succinct. It's very good.
I'm playing as the Imperial forces and having my own choice of class deck, levelling up and selection of open group troops I feel very involved. I initially worried that I would merely fill a role so that the rest of the group could play the game and enjoy it. That is not the case and having won a mission each my early impressions are that the game is balanced.

Associate
I do indeed, had a bit of spare cash over Christmas and rather than spend it on PC games id probably play once or alcohol+Food I opted to buy a shed load of board games instead. Lots of re-playability, far more sociable and helps me keep the weight off :D

I have to admit my wallet has taken a bit of a pounding in the last month

Warcraft Monopoly and Walking dead Monopoly £60
Zombidie £41.99
Munchkin Deluxe £21.59
Cluedo £19.69
Zombicide walk of the dead 2 £20.15
Pandemic £27.69
Forbidden Desert £17.62
Forbidden Island £16.50
Castle Panic £24.70
Epic Spell Wars £19.38
Zombicide Walk of the dead 1 £17.91
Pandemic Contagion £22.63
Stone Age £33.41
Zombicide Toxic City £20.00 (had a gift card)
Imperial Assault £68.62

£431.88 (ouch)

Then 4 kickstarters

Rum'n'bones $115 (£76) but will be adding a further $80-90 for the additional stuff I want
Tiny Epic Galaxies $36 (£24)
Conan $135 (£90) but will be adding more for the expansions and other stuff
Exploding Kittens $50 (£33)

£223 (meh)

Ouch, I thought spending over £1000 in my first year of tabletop gaming was bad! Also two different editions of Monopoly? I hope they were presents for someone else! :p

Soldato
Ouch, I thought spending over £1000 in my first year of tabletop gaming was bad! Also two different editions of Monopoly? I hope they were presents for someone else! :p

No I wanted them both, They will never really get played though as Monopoly tends to cause lots of arguments lol

Soldato

Withdraw your pledge for Exploding Kittens, go to your nearest charity shop and buy a copy of Uno. You just got a better game, donated money to charity and saved £30+ at the same time. You're welcome.

I don't want to calculate what I spent on games in the last 12 months, as I'd have to factor in flights to Essen. If you really like games and you haven't done Essen, though, do Essen. It's like the Hajj with worker placement.

Soldato
You seem to just have a problem with exploding kittens. I quite like the look and style of it so it is worth a punt. Also Uno is a different style card game but thanks for the input.

Soldato
And Epic spell wars just arrived :) cue 5 minutes of everyone in the office taking the mick that I have got a card game ...then a few more of people actually looking interested.

Soldato
Really want Spacehulk just cannot justify GW prices for a board game... its up for £125-130 on Amazon at the moment :(

Just ordered Betrayal at house on the hill and Splendor :) Limiting myself now as spending too much lol.

Back
Top Bottom