North Korea threatens US with a pre-emptive nuclear strike.

I know what you mean but I just can't see it happening. NK would suffer horrendously if they tried anything. It just doesn't make any sense to actually follow through with any of the threats. Making them had its reasons but to actually act would be suicidal.

Depends whose got the power in Pyongyang though doesnt it? They might think that they can get away with an artillery strike or to sink another vessel just as a statement, given that they have before. SK would react strongly and then theres no other option for NK but to completely lose face or escalate. They might think that China will help them like last time or that they can actually win! Who knows.

Last edited:
Depends whose got the power in Pyongyang though doesnt it? They might think that they can get away with an artillery strike or to sink another vessel just as a statement, given that they have before. SK would react strongly and then theres no other option for NK but to completely lose face or go for it. They might think that China will help them like last time or that they can actually win! Who knows.

All of their previous acts of agression have come at times of relative calm and quiet though. Doing it now would not go down well and regardless of wanting to save face, if they started a large enough conflict they would be quite quickly put down.

You can't save face by getting stomped on.

World War III is imminent! Time to start building Anderson Shelters!
Military buildup in China near North Korean border continues as tanks, armored vehicles spotted

China continued moving tanks and armored vehicles and flying flights near North Korea this week as part of a military buildup in the northeastern part of the country that U.S. officials say is related to the crisis with North Korea.
Source

All of their previous acts of agression have come at times of relative calm and quiet though. Doing it now would not go down well and regardless of wanting to save face, if they started a large enough conflict they would be quite quickly put down.

You can't save face by getting stomped on.

But do they believe that? If theres an old soviet style cabal in the government, theyve risked a lot for absolutely no gain at the moment. Theyre coming off looking weak. It might be that they think that nobody wants war if they can 'get away' with another strike like sinking a SK ship that they then deny but everyone knows was them. That would save face.

You have to remember, failure on this scale in this society is a death sentence, and currently this cabal will all be high ranking military officials. Saving their necks at the risk of war might just be the logical extension of 'hey, wed be dead anyway.' I dont believe theres a lot of care for their fellow man in NK leadership.

Last edited:
It wont.

People really need to stop putting so much faith in the media.

I kinda hope it does, so NK can be wiped off the earth completely. I can see why people say it will never happen, because it would basically be suicide for NK. The thing is, they are actually crazy enough to think they can take on America, China etc.....

[TW]Sponge;24059256 said:
I kinda hope it does, so NK can be wiped off the earth completely. I can see why people say it will never happen, because it would basically be suicide for NK. The thing is, they are actually crazy enough to think they can take on America, China etc.....

Yeah thats great...but unfortunately that would probably involve millions of people dying...which isnt so great.

They arent crazy enough to believe they can take on America. Where do you get this from? What people say in public is not always what they believe themselves. We barely even believe the words that come out of the mouths of our own politicians and yet we hold what Kim says as gospel? No, hes a lying politician just like the rest of them.

His sole goal is to retain his position as leader of his north korea. We have zero evidence to believe he is crazy or really believes he can take on the US.

Why is everyone believing this stuff? I dont get it.

Yeah thats great...but unfortunately that would probably involve millions of people dying...which isnt so great.

They arent crazy enough to believe they can take on America. Where do you get this from? What people say in public is not always what they believe themselves. We barely even believe the words that come out of the mouths of our own politicians and yet we hold what Kim says as gospel? No, hes a lying politician just like the rest of them.

His sole goal is to retain his position as leader of his north korea. We have zero evidence to believe he is crazy or really believes he can take on the US.

Why is everyone believing this stuff? I dont get it.

I just don't think he will ever give up. With America and China moving military closer to NK, you think Kim will say, "O.K, you win."?

I just don't know what to think of him.

A little skirmish/sinking/fire on SK assets is all that will happen imo.

It has come too far for them to do absolutely nothing, but not so far that they actually do something stupid like "nuke" Seoul

[TW]Sponge;24059307 said:
I just don't think he will ever give up. With America and China moving military closer to NK, you think Kim will say, "O.K, you win."?

I just don't know what to think of him.

Win what? America nor china are going to attack. Each side (NK and America) are responding to each other. Kim knows he doesnt stand a hope in hell so yes, he will back down or sidestep things before destroying his entire setup and the work of his father and grandfather.

Question, how long would it take America to move THAAD to Guam? Surely they are/have loaded it on a transport ASAP and have it winging its way there as we speak. None of this "in a few weeks" rubbish?

Question, how long would it take America to move THAAD to Guam? Surely they are/have loaded it on a transport ASAP and have it winging its way there as we speak. None of this "in a few weeks" rubbish?

Doesnt really matter...it wont get used.

The US announce they are moving one to Guam...then surprise surprise, NK respond by moving a missile to the east coast

Merica_zps2f1adce7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom