North Korea threatens US with a pre-emptive nuclear strike.

Associate
Whats with that blue bowl in the right corner? Why are they feeding food to people in washing up bowls? That guy on the right is also cool. Look at that furtive glance at the food, looks like he's trying to work out if he can swipe some. And another thing, why have the two guys on the right got campaign strips? They're too young to have fought in the War.

Soldato
They will not be nuking anyone, if they do it will be suicide. Plus the fact that their warheads are too large for the current gen missiles they bought from the local toy shop.

Caporegime
Sigh. I was referring to your post which read like you were saying Jong Un is trying to make it seem like he's in charge whereas Il wasn't. You're supposed to be clever enough to discern sarcasm :/

Never mind.

It might have read like that to you, but at no point did I infer that il wasn't also trying to make himself look in charge, which is why your posts make no sense, sarcasm or not.

Man of Honour
I read your post with an open mind and thought that was the context you were going for because that's the way you post all over the forum. I replied in that context, not because I wanted to only see it like that but because of the way you post all over here.

Your attitude here kind of confirms that.

Soldato
When there is nothing better nearby, yea. But half of Japan is covered by US forces, there's this huge treaty on it.

And Iraq and Kuwait are well reachable from the Western European bases, Turkey, Diego Garcia, Saudi Arabia etc but they still used carriers strangely enough for the reasons mentioned in the previous post.

Caporegime
I read your post with an open mind and thought that was the context you were going for because that's the way you post all over the forum. I replied in that context, not because I wanted to only see it like that but because of the way you post all over here.

Your attitude here kind of confirms that.

All I was saying was that un, being newish to the position, was trying to make his presence felt. Nothing more, nothing less.

Anything extra you chose to infer about what I was supposedly saying in a secret message or pursuant to my posting style elsewhere etc., is entirely for your consumption, so keep your bizarre straw man fabrications to yourself plskthx.

Associate
Maybe we should be looking at the less obvious means of rogue states nuking us. A warhead doesn't have to be delivered by missile after all. Who really believed that an aeroplane would be turned into a missile on 911, or bombers would hide explosives in their pants or shoes ? What about the explosives sent in printer cartridges by courier ? I'm not saying any of these methods would work on such a grand scale, but we underestimate our enemies at our peril, no matter how ridiculous their threats may seem.

Permabanned
1) Aegis
2) Marines
3) Cause they can
4) It keep Halliburton happy

need I go on.

Don't forget power projection, strategic influence, forward deployed presence, doesn't need flight or operational permission from a third party, independant authority and operating capability, diplomatic authority (its the big stick bit), and generally if you are a relatively small nation with very little naval or air superiority then a Carrier Battlegroup is pretty darned intimidating.

Back
Top Bottom