NR200 Owner's Thread

Associate
Its very Odd I experience different temp. Results than machines and more.
Both regarding gpu mounting and AIO mounting.
Best temp is when I mount my AIO on the sidepanel with fans intake and gpu at the bottom.
2 fans at top exhaust.

Soldato
Finished watching it, dunno what to say really, I didn't test a direct touch heat pipe cooler so can't comment there, my tests are gaming load because I'm not interested in CPU only load as my pc is a gaming pc

The Big Shuriken 3 performs the best in mine out of what I've tested so far in terms of noise and peak temperature so I'm sticking with it

Associate
@Wip3d Dude looking good. I'm a little biased as I have the same cooler and GPU haha. Let me know what lengths for cable you go with. I've been meaning to get some to clean it up a little. Mainly for the (3) GPU 8-pins as my 24pin and CPU cable tucked away nicely.

Did you get the refreshed FTW3 Ultra with the black lips instead of the red ones?

Associate
@Wip3d Dude looking good. I'm a little biased as I have the same cooler and GPU haha. Let me know what lengths for cable you go with. I've been meaning to get some to clean it up a little. Mainly for the (3) GPU 8-pins as my 24pin and CPU cable tucked away nicely.

Did you get the refreshed FTW3 Ultra with the black lips instead of the red ones?
It's the red lips one, Mine is the FTW3 Gaming. Will do, I found a site that does custom cables for this case in particular but unsure if we are allowed to post the name here.

Associate
Hey guys, just sign up to tell you guys there is another option for air cooling, id-cooling se-234 argb. Cost me 30 USD.

Temperature is kinda bad, maximum temperature my 5600x can hit is 83 after long gaming session. Stress testing my cpu (without avx) only hit 80C. I guess gpu is dumping hear into the cpu tower and I need to add extra fans to it!

edit: I live in tropical zone hence the high temperature. Motherboard is msi b550i (stupid socket location, would like to use c14s), tempered glass side panel with 2x artic p12 bionix as bottom intakes, 2 p12 as top exhausts

Associate
I was thinking of getting Alpenfohn Wing Boost 3 ARGB High Speed fans - pack of 3 with included fan splitters (any feedback on these will be appreciated).
Put two on the top, to bring some light into the case. Put the stock fans on the bottom.

I was comparing the ID-Cooling and Raijintek Leto Pro specs last night.
After watching the new Machines & More video - I guess I'll get the ID-Cooling se-224-xt in white and put the third Alpenfohn fan on it.
I can no longer find the Pure rock 2 around here, not to mention the black version. So I guess stocks made the choice for me.

All other parts of my build should arrive till the end of the week. I am hoping to build over the weekend and share some temps/pics :)

Soldato
Last night I played Hunt Showdown for a couple of hours, the game stresses the CPU more than most for some reason I've noticed before it can get quite hot, on the NH-U9S with two fans I remember it hitting 75C after two hours

Last night I could hear the Big Shuriken revving up quite a bit, not annoying but louder than than Arkham Knight which is the only other game I'm playing at the moment and I thought temps were going to be high

Checked the temps after turning the game off and 71C peak temp, really happy with that, going to put a P12 on it and see how that performs as I have a spare couple of P12s in the loft hopefully it takes off a couple more degrees and is even quieter

Associate
Last night I played Hunt Showdown for a couple of hours, the game stresses the CPU more than most for some reason I've noticed before it can get quite hot, on the NH-U9S with two fans I remember it hitting 75C after two hours

Last night I could hear the Big Shuriken revving up quite a bit, not annoying but louder than than Arkham Knight which is the only other game I'm playing at the moment and I thought temps were going to be high

Checked the temps after turning the game off and 71C peak temp, really happy with that, going to put a P12 on it and see how that performs as I have a spare couple of P12s in the loft hopefully it takes off a couple more degrees and is even quieter

That’s good to hear. Finally settled on a cooler :D.

As for me I’ve changed my cooler from the Mugen 5 to the ID-Cooling SE-234 and it actually performs better than the mugen 5.

Will get some pictures up tonight.

Associate
Yeah I think so :o

Which CPU and side panel? I read that cooler won't fit with TG panel

5800x - TG panel. Panel closed flushed without any issues. Didn’t need to bend the clips either to fit the top fan.

Running with artic p12 and stock fan on the cooler as intake. Idle temps are around 30-33ish and gaming it was around 60-68.

Cinebench R23 I saw 85 and single was around 68.
Fans are set on silent profile via bios.

Soldato
Nice work, 5800X is a hot CPU from what I've been reading so maybe those direct touch heat pipes are playing a part there

I could have sworn I read that cooler wouldn't fit with the TG panel I was on the verge of ordering one because they are so cheap but I'm happy with mine now

I'm tempted to order some more scythe fans one RGB for the cooler and a couple of vanilla ones to replace the P12 exhaust because I prefer the sound of the scythe fans, the P12's seem to make an annoying whine between 800 and 1100 rpm for me and I can't seem to avoid it

Hovering over the buy button, must resist, send help

Associate
Nice work, 5800X is a hot CPU from what I've been reading so maybe those direct touch heat pipes are playing a part there

I could have sworn I read that cooler wouldn't fit with the TG panel I was on the verge of ordering one because they are so cheap but I'm happy with mine now

I'm tempted to order some more scythe fans one RGB for the cooler and a couple of vanilla ones to replace the P12 exhaust because I prefer the sound of the scythe fans, the P12's seem to make an annoying whine between 800 and 1100 rpm for me and I can't seem to avoid it

Hovering over the buy button, must resist, send help

Do it do it.... looking at the 1800rpm ones?

Soldato

Sorry im being daft, are you saying your happy with the Big Shuriken 3?
Thats the one im settled on getting with the non glass panel, is that the temps your getting with the glass panel on?

Back
Top Bottom