Nurse arrested for murdering babies

Soldato

The forbidden article is actually pretty interesting, definitely makes you question whether she did it
Apart from the censorship issue, isn't it about time the British justice system moved out of the Dickens era and realised we're flooded with information.

Why should foreign people know more about a British case than a British citizen!? The law is an embarrassment and belittles us all.

Associate
Apart from the censorship issue, isn't it about time the British justice system moved out of the Dickens era and realised we're flooded with information.

Why should foreign people know more about a British case than a British citizen!? The law is an embarrassment and belittles us all.

The idea is that the jurors are not off put by misrepresentations in the media. In the US they order jurors not to watch the media depicting the case instead.

In the UK there is also the issue that the defence can move to a mistrial because of media representations affecting the case.

Soldato
The idea is that the jurors are not off put by misrepresentations in the media. In the US they order jurors not to watch the media depicting the case instead.

In the UK there is also the issue that the defence can move to a mistrial because of media representations affecting the case.

I would also question why people need to know all the details. The phrase "trial by media" is already true, without making it worse.

Associate
I read the US post, I kinda think she was given the blame for a disfuntional system. I can assure you the whole system in this country has become dysfunctional under labour but very noticeable under Cameron and the others that followed.

I seen it too often, from experience and also someone that I know who exposed a few things, became a whistleblower (bad practice on NHS), eventually this person was pushed out of the in NHS.

I also know a risk manager that was also pushed out, this is how deep it is in the NHS.
Part of the blame can easily be pointed at the admin and management, also nurses.

The stories I heard about the dysfunctional NHS over the years ( they really scare me) match up to what I read about this story.

There was evidence of the babies having injections of air, doctor testimony about the cause of death, handwritten notes admitting she did it, her standing over a baby she suffocated, she was there for all 25 of the babies who suffered. But yes, as you were chief. Let's doubt the verdict of a jury of our peers who saw all the evidence, which I'm not doing justice too off the top of my head.

Soldato
If you knew how bad the NHS really is, then you will start to think twice about this case

Trying to blame "the system" or use "the system is broken / NHS is broken " as an excuse for someone who admitted of her own free will what she did, is just ridiculous.

So to be clear, the insulin that was found in 2 of the IV bags just "magically" appeared in there? Was that the "dysfunctional system" that put it in there?

Caporegime
Trying to blame "the system" or use "the system is broken / NHS is broken " as an excuse for someone who admitted of her own free will what she did, is just ridiculous.

So to be clear, the insulin that was found in 2 of the IV bags just "magically" appeared in there? Was that the "dysfunctional system" that put it in there?
To be fair an admission is technically not an assured measure of guilt though with everything else going on I can't imagine the probability of it being some massive conspiracy being anything other than imperceptible.

Soldato
there was a lot of negligence of display by the NHS during Lucy Letby’s tenure as a nurse, but the vast majority of that was not taking action around managing complaints of her behaviour acceptably.

I remember from the case doctors being made to apologise to her after making complaints about her, and moving her around to lessen the impact. But to suggest she’s somehow the fall girl for a NHS malpractice issue is ridiculous. She was found by a jury guilty of having acted with malice in the murder of numerous babies.

Soldato
You, really don't know how bad the NHS is. I don't think you really have an idea of how bad it is. It worse than what you read in the papers.

They employ anyone and I mean anyone, disfuntional families can get their family members in with no experience.

Blood samples left on the window frame for days.
People not taking responsibility because it is not their job and failing to report incidents. ICU during COVID was a disaster, porter's would go in to one room take the bed sheets and enter another room to give someone food or place new sheets.
But what has that got to do with a murderous nurse on a killing spree?

Soldato
You, really don't know how bad the NHS is. I don't think you really have an idea of how bad it is. It worse than what you read in the papers.

They employ anyone and I mean anyone, disfuntional families can get their family members in with no experience.

People not taking responsibility because it is not their job and failing to report incidents. ICU during COVID was a disaster, porter's would go in to one room take the bed sheets and enter another room to give someone food or place new sheets.

Your still missing the point of the question you were asked before.... We all know how much of a mess the NHS is at times, but it's also there at any point for you to walk in and be treated..... for free.

@Zatoichi.uK asked you - "I know it's bad but if you want to make an argument then lay it out here instead of pointing to some external source. I'm open to being persuaded. Let's see it."

Keep repeating that the NHS is bad isn't an answer/or evidence to contradict the "guilty" verdict.....

Just sounds like you have your own agenda and just refuse to be objective about the evidence.... your just cherry picking bits and bobs and throwing out vague comments and conspiracy theories. talking in circles and answering questions with questions....

Soldato
I know it's working as intended. I'm advocating changing it.

I don't see why we can't have the US version here.

We're being treated like children, too immature to handle different opinions.

Caporegime

Show me on the doll where the NHS touched you.

Back
Top Bottom