Nurse arrested for murdering babies

Man of Honour
Now they’re saying that there will be a law where criminals are given an extra two years if they don’t attend sentencing.

How on earth is that going to deter lifers?

Well most lifers are given a minimum sentence before parole so if they say 20 years before the chance of parole they will add 2 years on.
When someone is given a life sentence, they will be subject to that sentence for the rest of their life. When a judge passes a life sentence, they must specify the minimum term an offender must spend in prison before becoming eligible to apply for parole (sometimes called the tariff).

According to Ministry of Justice statistics, there are currently around 70 whole-life prisoners in this country, among them Milly Dowler killer Levi Bellfield, Michael Adebolajo, the man who murdered British soldier Lee Rigby, Mark Bridger, who abducted and murdered five-year-old April Jones, and Wayne Couzens, the ex-police officer who kidnapped, raped and killed Sarah Everard in 2021.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well most lifers are given a minimum sentence before parole so if they say 20 years before the chance of parole they will add 2 years on.
When someone is given a life sentence, they will be subject to that sentence for the rest of their life. When a judge passes a life sentence, they must specify the minimum term an offender must spend in prison before becoming eligible to apply for parole (sometimes called the tariff).

According to Ministry of Justice statistics, there are currently around 70 whole-life prisoners in this country, among them Milly Dowler killer Levi Bellfield, Michael Adebolajo, the man who murdered British soldier Lee Rigby, Mark Bridger, who abducted and murdered five-year-old April Jones, and Wayne Couzens, the ex-police officer who kidnapped, raped and killed Sarah Everard in 2021.
I know all that I’m not stupid :rolleyes:

I meant people who are sure they’re getting whole life orders

Caporegime
Apparently Lucy Letby never had any documented romantic relationships outside of the doctor she had an affair with. In her own notes she claimed she'd never get married or have children as a form of selt pity. It seems she killed the babies to get some sort of twisted one upmanship over the women who she deemed to have something she wanted. I wonder if she picked the ones she disliked the most
Odd if true. She was attractive enough that any number of men would have thrown themselves at her feet :p

Man of Honour
I think my hospital has reached a higher than normal % in Maternity incidents.
Not looking forward to the work if true.

Not heard it correctly -

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I can't remember if I said this but my boss, who is our Trusts Lawyer, said that when Management wouldn't listen to the Clinicians they should have gone to the Police themselves.
Yes I know when your job is on the line and you are being threatened your mind alters but if they had serious thoughts Letby was up to something they should have acted.
We could see those bought back to Court and asked why they didn't act.

Associate
I can't remember if I said this but my boss, who is our Trusts Lawyer, said that when Management wouldn't listen to the Clinicians they should have gone to the Police themselves.
Yes I know when your job is on the line and you are being threatened your mind alters but if they had serious thoughts Letby was up to something they should have acted.
We could see those bought back to Court and asked why they didn't act.

I wondered about this. If I thought a co-worker was killing people it would have been police first, boss second.

Commissario
The Policy is Management first and then 'outside'.
I can understand why, especially if it's only a vague suspicion (as management should get in additional experts for a quick second, independent opinion), and I can understand why someone might be reluctant to go over the managements head initially given management in this case were threatening careers so you'd have to be really certain of what you were doing.

On an similar note I know of foster parents who got blacklisted after 20+ years because when they had serious concerns and the social workers refused to take investigate they went to the straight to the police as per their training and common sense.
I know in one case the foster parents had an independent witness to why they were concerned whose own training and experience said the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom