Nvidia 30X0 series waterblocks

Associate
They are delayed until 12th March (see my earlier post).

I've read a couple of posts elsewhere from people saying their black edition is dispatched. One claims to be due for delivery today.
I was hoping to get lucky as I have a couple of days off end of the week and it would have worked out great to complete my build whilst off.

Associate
Anyone know if 3090fe WBs exist with active rear cooling for the rear memory?

Not yet but EKWB are releasing an active backplate 'soon' for their water block. In the meantime, their 3090 FE water block has a hybrid cooling solution since the cold plate in is in contact with the back of the board and the water in contact with the cold plate.

I am eagerly waiting it too!

Soldato
For 3090FE in black, speaking to them now as did not receive updated E-mail indeed seems next batch out the door which I am in, is expected end of this week or start of next week to be shipped.

I expect to likely have it in hand sometime week commencing 22nd I think given border issues, customs and all that fun stuff if it ships start of next week.

Associate
A few interesting things are soon to become clearer then, Import duty costs, how easy or hard it is to claim the Slovenian vat back!
But more importantly how easy or challenging they prove to be to fit but even more importantly the performance.
Incidentally this store have advised they don't expect to see any before mid April I have one on pre-order here.

Associate
That's a tidy space saving over an air cooled 3090FE.
I'm trying to plan my loop, is component order really as irrelevant as people say? for ease and aesthetics my loops looking like res/pump-gpu-cpu-rad-rad-rad-res/pump

Soldato
Ok think i'm gonna bail on alphacool. Framechasers and some forums say it doesn't cool some board parts, not sure which, maybe VRMs don't quote me. STILL no stock and OCUK has the EK in. Yes it costs more but beyond caring now. EK aren't gonna do a classic line £100 block like I had for my 2080S.

Also I feel it's time to go to a nickel backplate, does anyone know if it is reflective/like a mirror as with past designs? All the photos or renders you can not tell?

Associate
k2r5V9o.jpg

didn't order from oc but had since december, still waiting on a 5900x
wow didn't also realise they made the 3090 block way smaller now compared to what i got the 3080
should fit nice in more itx builds though

Soldato
Got my FTW3 block and plate from EK from OCUK, wish I pre-orded (nearly did) as would have got block for £139.99! oh well.

Went for a nickel back plate, have had them before. This one is mirrored but not quite like a mirror, I life the texture, it looks a bit like an alien artefact in person. Unfortunately a patch of potential plating failure, have made EK aware, will see what they say.

uc

uc
uc
uc
uc

uc
uc
uc
uc

Back
Top Bottom