• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Sadly Jensen doesn't care about any gamers as can be seen with what is happening with their share price in recent months and even today.

It's all because of AI, investors with too much money always want to jump onbtje next bandwagon and right now it's "AI". I bet if you start up a new AI business today you'll have money flooding in because everyone wants a piece of it. It's like the crypto boom - you have people like google's CEO going on 60 minutes and telling the interviewer that the coming AI revolution will be bigger than the invention of fire/electricity/cars

Last edited:
XR43N78.jpg

cannot install it yet as using the PC and Amazon have not delivered the Corsair 12VHP cable yet! The sag bracket is just a magnetic stand, thought it was one of those that screws onto the mobo standoffs, so will just use this and return the Amazon one I ordered :p

Last edited:
cannot install it yet as using the PC and Amazon have not delivered the Corsair 12VHP cable yet! The sag bracket is just a magnetic stand, thought it was one of those that screws onto the mobo standoffs, so will just use this and return the Amazon one I ordered :p
Looks like you're installing a second PSU :eek: I can't say too much as the 6950XT I've ordered might be a tight fit! If it wasn't Nvidia I might be jealous :cry:

It looks bigger than my NCase M1 case! :cry:
FE fits :eek:

image.png

4060Ti is another Nvidia name scam. Should be the 4060 but they are inflating the cost to customers by adding an unwarranted Ti to the end. Remember the days when the Ti variant wouldn't come out first....?

It is technically the RTX4050. The RTX4060TI might use an AD106/salvaged AD104 dGPU. AD104 is equivalent to the GA106 last generation. The RTX3050 used the GA107/salvaged GA106. The RTX3050 had 24% of the CUDA cores of the full GA102,and the RTX4060TI 24% of the CUDA cores of the full AD102.Both the RTX4060TI and RTX3050 have the same memory configuration,ie,128 bit memory controller.

Going to annoy some people,but it might be the first time I post this chart in this thread(runs away).

ftvly4iayaaxioe-png.292031

Last edited:
At this point I'm more interested in how Nivdia are gonna name the 4070 and 4070 Ti when the Ti's models comes out. This **** is keeping me up at night.

I say just keep all previous logic: should be 4070 Ti and the 4070 Titi.
Maybe they'll bring super back. That's what they did last time they really over-egged their GPU pricing and wanted a bit of a reset.

Wait a second. £450 for a dGPU with 24% of the CUDA cores of the full AD102,and 1/3 the VRAM. The RTX4090FE,has 3.71X the CUDA cores,3X the VRAM and 3.5X the memory bandwidth. But it costs 3.56X the price at £1599.

RTX4090FE is the value champion! :eek:
Notice also the difference in core count between the 4090 and the full AD102 card vs the 3090 and the 3090 Ti. It means the 4090 is really more like 4080/4085 tier :D (not serious)
The 4090 is the only interesting GPU this generation, the rest just don't seem very good value. I've not bothered buying anything and lost interest in gaming anyway for now. I'm just using iGPU after selling a 3080 recently. Might pick up an arc 750 if the price drops a bit, just to drive three 1440P monitors in a workstation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom