• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Notice also the difference in core count between the 4090 and the full AD102 card vs the 3090 and the 3090 Ti. It means the 4090 is really more like 4080/4085 tier :D (not serious)
The 4090 is the only interesting GPU this generation, the rest just don't seem very good value. I've not bothered buying anything and lost interest in gaming anyway for now. I'm just using iGPU after selling a 3080 recently. Might pick up an arc 750 if the price drops a bit, just to drive three 1440P monitors in a workstation.

The RTX4090 is more like the RTX3080TI in terms of percentage of enabled CUDA cores. Seen the RX6600 drop below £200 today and that is quite efficient. I am also back to playing older games,so have the RTX3060TI running at 50% power target,and undervolted.

The RTX4070 FE only has one fan. The RTX3060TI FE has two,so more fan action.

Last edited:
And here it is installed, don't like the RGB lighting though, but luckily the side panel is tinted so it's not a distraction. No snagging on the AIO tubes or the 12VHPWR. It's all nice and snug :cool:

rw1DDuc.jpg hb4NC7o.jpg

And look at the metrics playing Cyberpunk path traced, barely breaking a sweat, 65 degrees path tracing lol:

HTTlbON.png

Last edited:
but luckily the side panel is tinted so it's not a distraction.
The GamingOC is a chonky chonky ugly looking mofo but have a solid side panel so...

image.png

• Haha
Reactions: mrk
  • Haha
Reactions: mrk
Back
Top Bottom