• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

I'm expecting £1499-£1599 for the 4090 (much higher would price it out for even bleeding edge fans) and around £1000 for the 4080 (Nvidia felt the 3080 MSRP was too cheap).

With everyone and their dog now having purchased 3080s and with competition from AMD they cannot afford to raise the price too far.

But the rumours about specs and price are ever-changing - and the price is subject to Jensen's whim anyway - so I think it would be prudent to just wait until the launch before making any prognostications.

I’m going with

4090ti - 2k
4090 - 1.6k
4080ti - 1.2k
4080 - £999

I think we are in for a shock with the pricez
But I hope I’m wrong.

I have had a few beers and I’m a bitter old man so :D
It’s never a shock when GPU prices are announced, they’ve been steadily getting more and more expensive every year with the exception being the 3080 at £649.

If GA102 products are still kicking about in any volume the price will be unpleasant, whether or not AMD will disrupt that is anyone's guess but their track record frankly says no or at least not for a long time ago in a galaxy far far way..

I wouldn’t be so sure.

They priced the 3080 at £649 and the demand was mental, they won’t make that mistake again.
Demand was high because you got 87% of the 3090 performance for less than half the price, this time I expect nvidia will widen that performance gap rather than charge more as I certainly wouldn't pay 1k for a 4080 especially if it's on a 103 die.

Demand was high because you got 87% of the 3090 performance for less than half the price, this time I expect nvidia will widen that performance gap rather than charge more as I certainly wouldn't pay 1k for a 4080 especially if it's on a 103 die.
I’d love nvidia to surprise us all and make the 4080FE £649 again but why would they?

People will pay whatever price nvidia demand regardless of performance.

I’d like to see the 4080 to be £799, 4080Ti to be £999, 4090 to be £1249 and the 4090Ti to be £1599 but those prices are model specific.

GPU's cannot print money like they used to.

The 3080's price was too low for a **money printer** but just about right for a pixel pusher.

Mining profitability has tanked and so has the prices people are willing to pay.

Of course there's a way. The MSRP of the 3080 was basically BS and Nvidia felt they priced it way too low. I will bet you my right bum cheeck that it is close to £1000, give or take £100.

I don't agree with that. MSRP was similar with recent gens vanilla x80. Problem was the performance being way too close to flagship. This time they are giving enough gap on each tier (rumours..) to deliver accurate performance difference. Nvidia felt they priced it low bc of crypto hype. It's over now too late for them to keep those profits rocket high.

Of course it's not us, Nvidia will set prices and I'm sure they have their plans for every situation, But, I don't believe on anything close to £1K for vanilla 80 GPU and I can put my both nuts on the table :cry:

Back
Top Bottom