• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

In the motorcycle industry is this a BHP limit?
It was on the top speed of motorbikes. So they either have a limiter that tops out at 189mph (300 kph) or the speedo stops functioning.

I think it has been in place since the early 2000’s and is followed by the big players for their street bikes.

It was on the top speed of motorbikes. So they either have a limiter that tops out at 189mph (300 kph) or the speedo stops functioning.

I think it has been in place since the early 2000’s and is followed by the big players for their street bikes.

Thanks for the above.

I knew there was talk about 35 years ago about the manufacturers doing something but I never knew what happened until now.:)

Thanks for the above.

I knew there was talk about 35 years ago about the manufacturers doing something but I never knew what happened until now.:)
To be fair, the EU also did it with vacuum cleaners 5 years ago and the ones we buy today are quieter and more power efficient to the extent that hoovers without cables have taken off. https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/techtalk/not-just-hot-air-the-new-eu-vacuum-rules-explained/
I'm not opposed to some kind of power limit, the point of regulation is to intervene where the market isn't acting for the good of society. Guess the trick is what the limit should be

To be fair, the EU also did it with vacuum cleaners 5 years ago and the ones we buy today are quieter and more power efficient to the extent that hoovers without cables have taken off. https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/techtalk/not-just-hot-air-the-new-eu-vacuum-rules-explained/
I'm not opposed to some kind of power limit, the point of regulation is to intervene where the market isn't acting for the good of society. Guess the trick is what the limit should be

Vacuum cleaners have been a bit rubbish since TBH - in the old days you only had to look at an errant sock or something and it would be up the nozzle in a flash - these days they struggle with just a bit of dirt...

Though I'm not sure how much that is down to regulations and how much to just manufacturers creating ever poorer products.

Vacuum cleaners have been a bit rubbish since TBH - in the old days you only had to look at an errant sock or something and it would be up the nozzle in a flash - these days they struggle with just a bit of dirt...

Though I'm not sure how much that is down to regulations and how much to just manufacturers creating ever poorer products.
Can't say I've noticed to be honest, but then I don't have kids or pets...or very lush carpet

Can't say I've noticed to be honest, but then I don't have kids or pets...or very lush carpet

I've a medium thick carpet in my bedroom and none of the modern vacuum cleaners are effective on it - I've been through several of the "top 10" and even the all singing all dancing Dysons are just woeful compared to the old ones, the only one I've found that is close is the Henrys.

I've a medium thick carpet in my bedroom and none of the modern vacuum cleaners are effective on it - I've been through several of the "top 10" and even the all singing all dancing Dysons are just woeful compared to the old ones, the only one I've found that is close is the Henrys.
I got a shark upright which is quite good.

I hear you brother Rroff. There's nothing worse in life than trying to hoover a carpet with a thick pile. I don't know about you, but personally speaking it was my 'nam' moment.

Back
Top Bottom