• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

The massive reduction in power consumption really tells you everything.

A few % decrease, sure. But normally, from one gen to the next, when you gain massively in efficiency you use that extra headroom to increase perf, and overall keep a similar power budget.

This is plainly and simply a mick take. The question is, will enough people still buy.

The fact that ocuk has decided to stock 10 different variants of these, im guessing they are hoping people will buy them in masses.

Seriously? Linus is far form perfect but way, way better than Jay. Jay is a trash level major Youtuber.

Yes seriously, he was way too soft on the 4060Ti and seemed to toe the line that it's a 1080p card for $400. Obviously not wanting to **** off future sponsor deals. Any criticism was a cowardly nod and a wink at the camera without putting any cards on the table. Contrast that with Steve at Gamers Nexus, at least he was honest with us unlike Linus

Last edited:
Yes seriously, he was way too soft on the 4060Ti and seemed to toe the line that it's a 1080p card for $400. Obviously not wanting to **** off future sponsor deals. Any criticism was a cowardly nod and a wink at the camera without putting any cards on the table. Contrast that with Steve at Gamers Nexus, at least he was honest with us unlike Linus
I tried to watch the Linus 4060ti review. It's been a long time since I watched one of his videos and his tone felt like he was talking to 12 year old console gamers that have never owned a PC.

He's biased because he said no? :) I say hold out for £101 million.
No, I was just giving an example of how much these youtube tech reviewers can make which may create a bias. Not any negative remark about Linus. And yeah,good on him for building such a business worth so much :).
So for some, if they realise a certain kind of review will earn them more which they can easily see by looking at their Youtube analystics then...........
Maybe in this case it was optimal to give a contrarian review (vs what others are saying) and then put out a follow-up apology video :p

Last edited:
I tried to watch the Linus 4060ti review. It's been a long time since I watched one of his videos and his tone felt like he was talking to 12 year old console gamers that have never owned a PC.

He's always been very light weight, but it does seem the age range he's aiming at get lower as time goes on.

Last edited:

This means any review that just shows bar charts, without ensuring and showing that IQ is the same for the provided FPS figures, is now worthless to me. What is the point is showing it is 15% faster than the 6700XT when it can't even render the same image.

Wonder if this will be the start of a trend towards highest playable settings ala [H]ardOCP.

Is this false advertising?

Screenshot-554.png

This means any review that just shows bar charts, without ensuring and showing that IQ is the same for the provided FPS figures, is now worthless to me. What is the point is showing it is 15% faster than the 6700XT when it can't even render the same image.

Wonder if this will be the start of a trend towards highest playable settings ala [H]ardOCP.
This could also be an opportunity for AMD to lower details, gain performance though "fine wine",similar IQ ... profit? :cry:

Back
Top Bottom