• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Jensen announces "we're back" as Nvidia smashes expectations in new financial data release.
Thanks to the explosion in AI, Nvidia's revenue is now tracking well above analyst expectations and on that news, Nvidia's share price jumped 26% today

A celebratory round of price cuts seems like an appropriate way to mark the moment. :p

to do what? make fake art?

At the rate mainstream dGPUs are getting relatively worse and worse,I think that is what the average mainstream gaming system will be capable of doing! :p

10% to 20% improvement every 2~3 years with the same amount of VRAM,that is really going to drive stuff forward. I am waiting for DLSS5/FSR5,where every 4 out of 5 frames is fake,and the single real frame is upscaled from a 320p base image. Will come with a complementory AI driven vision enhancement device....a Fresnal lens.

dsc02034-jpg.8844

Well if I can turn my 3060 into an AI money printer somehow at least that will be something. :cry:

With that huge amount of VRAM,you might be onto a future classic!

So these are coming in at £390...

Is this just cynical ploy to get people to buy the 4070?
I think that's what the 4060Ti 16Gb will be for. At £490 you'd be insane to choose one over the 4070. And I bet they'll be made in very limited quantities so it'll people will see them constantly sold out and pushed toward the 4070.

Will re-using a cooler see a cheaper Strix card? :cry:

Although this is ridiculous I can kind of see the market for it. In China these big low end GPU’s do quite well apparently, as people are concerned with the aesthetics.

That thing should be able to run passive non stop with 115w!

Although this is ridiculous I can kind of see the market for it. In China these big low end GPU’s do quite well apparently, as people are concerned with the aesthetics.

That thing should be able to run passive non stop with 115w!

Probably because the coolers are much cheaper to make than we think,and if sales are not good better to re-use what you have!

Pulled the trigger on the Gainwood 4090 at £1499 as a crazy impulse buy. Don't quite have the money, but decided to use savings and will recover a good chunk from sale of my 3080.

I don't think that price I'd a good deal, and the 4090 should be around £1,250 for me, but given my 4k 144hz needs, only 10GB of VRAM on the 3080, and slight concern that Nvidia will redirect future chips to AI and just take a slow sale / high margin approach to existing dGPU stock, I thought "**** it".

With 12700k, 32GB RAM and now this, and no burning desire for RTX, hopefully I won't be upgrading for a very, very long time...

Back
Top Bottom