• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
Nvidia will lean heavy into low end cards havng more VRAM thing as people will find out that a 8GB card for example gets 40fps in a game at max settings but lows under 10fps but the same model card 16GB card gets 40fps and even if theres no frame rate drop at all on the lows that card still games at 40fps which is pretty much not worth playing at max settings.

Cards not only need more VRAM they need to get faster also.
That's 80fps with dlss3. :D

Reactions: G J
Caporegime
That's what DLSS is for, then you can spam the forum and try and convince us it's better than native.:p
Who needs convincing? Why need to convince when you have basically every tech press backing up with evidence to show dlss is as good as native or better. If anything it's you and your buddies who need to post something to actually show and convince us why it isn't, I'll keep on waiting for posts with substance/evidence though as per usual :cry:

CNDLmz0.gif

We feel for you really... Just keep telling us how good DLSS2/3 is.. and all these amazing features that eat VRAM up and fake frames.. Maybe DLSS4 will fake VRAM for 10GB users ?

Ohh forgot to add :-

X3QvQLv.jpg

I agree, scam paying for all that extra memory to get a 4% benefit in some games :cry: :D Just think, could have saved yourself lots of money to put towards a truly flagship/nextgen gpu :D I truly do feel for you guys though, you fell right into what you hate the most, overpaying to fund Jensons jackets.

Caporegime

Get used to it chap, AI is the future. Every company ours is working with is investing into it and ours has also invested a ton into it as well, our consulting arm services for advice/support on ai has exploded too. Maybe instead of blaming nvidia again, blame the companies supporting it or rather blame the lack of competition in the ai space i.e. intel and amd letting nvidia get to the point where they dominate ai field but no "nvidia bad!!!!"

New story on CNN next month: World's biggest ad agency fires 90% of its digital artists and graphics designers

Yup reality with AI is very grim, bbc estimate that 300 million jobs will be impacted. I might have to apply for a position at nvidia, will be a safe job until Jenson replaces all staff with AI too :cry:

Last edited:
Caporegime
@CAT-THE-FIFTH gonna have a cheshire grin on. All these channels now pointing out the Apple-esque behaviour and now the AI push is alienating the original core segment that was gamers. So with this hard to swallow info will the die-hards still not see it?

It sucks for gamers yes but is it any surprise when dgpus sales have dropped considerably? Do you really expect nvidia or any desktop gpu manufacturer to focus on the weakest area of sales now when it's clear where the money is.... amd have done a u-turn on AI so don't expect them to save the day either, I suspect we will get the same lengthy threads come the time they are called out, wait, probably not since any controversy around them gets swept under the rug :cry:

Again, it's incredibly pointless crying about it on forums, until people stop buying such products, nothing will change, although I think even that is too late now as it's very clear what direction nvidia are going, their biggest strength by far is AI so they are going to utilize this to stand out. Lets hope for peoples sake, microsoft and sony don't get "convinced" by nvidia to take them on for next gen consoles due to "zOMG AI features", although worrying thing is, microsoft and nvidia are already partners for gen ai....... probably one of the reasons amd has done a u-turn on ai themselves as they know this is a very real reality....

The hilarious thing is again people crying about the price to performance of the 40xx as well as nvidia margins, what do you think the margin was on the 3090.... then look at the performance difference it offered over the £650 3080..... But no one batted an eye lid when handing over £1400 for that..... in fact you could argue, lots of people were proud to have "future proofed" themselves.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Half the price? Fat chance I say, fat chance!

I predict 5090will only see a 10-20% uplift over a 4090 whilst being 25% more expensive, bookmark this post for a year's time :D
I don't think that performance guesstimate makes much sense based on the last couple of generations! The 3090 was a huge upgrade over the 2080 (2090 didn't exist) and the 4090 is a huge upgrade over the 3090. I think that with the 5090 Nvidia will continue the trend of a huge performance upgrade combined with a huge price increase.

Soldato
CNDLmz0.gif

We feel for you really... Just keep telling us how good DLSS2/3 is.. and all these amazing features that eat VRAM up and fake frames.. Maybe DLSS4 will fake VRAM for 10GB users ?
And you keep telling us it isn't? All I know is, a 4070 with FG will give you a much better experience than a 3090 in eg. Hogwarts, cause no matter what CPU you have, it will drop the 50ies in lots of areas in the map. FG is an absolute gamechanger - hate away all you want it won't change the facts.

Soldato
This explains it

Jensen has been saying Moore's law is dead and now he says why, it's because it's running at double the predicted scale, so Moore's law isn't dead but it's evolved and is running twice as fast so now it's called Jensen's law and every generation is 4 times faster than the last because "AI reasons"

RTX5000 is gonna have dlss4, it doubles the frames generation frames generated compared to dlss3's generated frames from frame generation, so that's 4x generated frames for the frame generation and therefore rtx5000 is 4x faster thanks to Jensen's Law

Looks like AMD is already ahead of Jensen's Law:

:p

Last edited:
Soldato
How do you not run to sell your stock after watching that Nvidia keynote?

The AI garbage that we were shown are supposed to bring some kind of AI revolution?

Other fads that I've seen crash and burn had very similar meme-worthy events.

Last edited:
Soldato
How do you not run to sell your stock after watching that Nvidia keynote?

The AI garbage that we were shown are supposed to bring some kind of AI revolution?

Other fads that I've seen crash and burn had very similar meme-worthy events.

Their financial results are proving otherwise though. I don’t think AI is a flash in the pan.

Their financial results have never been stronger though.

Associate
It sucks for gamers yes but is it any surprise when dgpus sales have dropped considerably? Do you really expect nvidia or any desktop gpu manufacturer to focus on the weakest area of sales now when it's clear where the money is.... amd have done a u-turn on AI so don't expect them to save the day either, I suspect we will get the same lengthy threads come the time they are called out, wait, probably not since any controversy around them gets swept under the rug :cry:
Can't really complain about reduced sales when you choose to double the price of your products which has the inevitable outcome of vastly reducing units sold. It's perfectly valid to point out that yes this focus on AI is probably more profitable for the company while also being really ****** for us personally, just like it was perfectly valid to point out them feeding the mining market was much the same.
Again, it's incredibly pointless crying about it on forums, until people stop buying such products, nothing will change, although I think even that is too late now as it's very clear what direction nvidia are going, their biggest strength by far is AI so they are going to utilize this to stand out. Lets hope for peoples sake, microsoft and sony don't get "convinced" by nvidia to take them on for next gen consoles due to "zOMG AI features", although worrying thing is, microsoft and nvidia are already partners for gen ai....... probably one of the reasons amd has done a u-turn on ai themselves as they know this is a very real reality....
You just made the point that you shouldn't expect Nvidia to care about desktop as the weakest area of sales then suggest nothing will change while people keep buying, which is it?
The hilarious thing is again people crying about the price to performance of the 40xx as well as nvidia margins, what do you think the margin was on the 3090.... then look at the performance difference it offered over the £650 3080..... But no one batted an eye lid when handing over £1400 for that..... in fact you could argue, lots of people were proud to have "future proofed" themselves.
I don't think it was the 3090 buyers crying over the price of 40xx cards though and if people want to pay insane prices for the very highest performance product, that's their choice and nothing unusual about it just look at most luxury markets. The complaint is not all of us want to be dragged along on the insane pricing rollercoaster.

Soldato
It would take a lot of effort to build an AI Jensen that isn't better than native :p
And yet they did it. :) I guess now we know where all those profits have been going.
Their financial results are proving otherwise though. I don’t think AI is a flash in the pan.

Their financial results have never been stronger though.
Maybe this time around it will be different but if *history is anything to go by i don't hold out much hope.

*Just like VR and 3D displays AI has been done in the past and never taken off, in fact there's been two AI winters (1974–1980 & 1987–1993).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom