• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
I'm enjoying how this Graphically Challenged video about a potential 40 super series is basically just this guy's fantasy card lineup and some other sites are reporting them as though they're leaks.

At some point people need to call these speculation videos what they really are... lies to get clicks.

I truly wish industry heavyweights would call idiots like him out.

If I could I'd get people like him, MLID etc... tie a rock around their feet and drop them into the Mariana trench, Complete waste of protoplasm.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
At some point people need to call these speculation videos what they really are... lies to get clicks.

I truly wish industry heavyweights would call idiots like him out.

If I could I'd get people like him, MLID etc... tie a rock around their feet and drop them into the Mariana trench, Complete waste of protoplasm.

I stopped reading these sites and stopped watching these youtube videos years ago as after a while you realise it is all a waste of time due to the amount of time they get it wrong.

How sites like wccftech.com ever made it big is beyond me. Half their content was always made up. Remember the RX 480? Was meant to be better than a 980 Ti.. And some even believed and parroted it here :cry:

Caporegime
I'm enjoying how this Graphically Challenged video about a potential 40 super series is basically just this guy's fantasy card lineup and some other sites are reporting them as though they're leaks.

I'd be up for a 4070 super :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

I don't believe for a second, but if they offered 4070 Ti or close performance with 16gb for £499 it would sell well.

Associate

Not that I believe any of it for a moment, but say its true, I have to say it feels underwhelming. Those offerings would still give off the strong stench of wringing the market and general being played vibes.

I don't believe for a second, but if they offered 4070 Ti or close performance with 16gb for £499 it would sell well.

Perhaps if such an alleged 4070 super 16GB at $699 displaced the 4070ti 12GB down to $499.
But to get 16GB and 4070ti performance level they would have to use a significantly cut down AD103 and I can't see them willingly using and selling their larger die for $499, when they have placed the AD103 4080 at $1199.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA
Soldato
What were Nv thinking releasing a £800 card with only 12gb vram?!? (4070ti). They must think the majority are fools.

The amazing thing is that it's petty cost-cutting. Or, I suppose, as someone has already said, evil designed obsolescence. The entire 40 series below the 4080 smacks of it. NVIDIA aren't just annoying their customer base any more, they are beating them with sticks. The range is a disgrace.

Soldato
Anyone with a half decent card should just wait for next gen now.

Yeah. Unless we get serious price cuts (e.g. 4080 for £700, 4090 for £1000) then people should wait it out. If you need something now, look into used market for 3000 series rather than give your money to Nvidia for this disaster of a generation.

Soldato
Yeah. Unless we get serious price cuts (e.g. 4080 for £700, 4090 for £1000) then people should wait it out. If you need something now, look into used market for 3000 series rather than give your money to Nvidia for this disaster of a generation.

It would need massive price reductions in the 4080 or 4090 for me to get one. At first, I was just annoyed about the price, but now I am furious with NVIDIA's behaviour and greed with the cards below the 4080.
Right now I would have bought AMD had they not been so greedy as well.

Soldato
It does sound like Nvidia's biggest problem is fulfilling the ML demand spike at the moment. If they have to sacrifice a lot of gaming chips to make a few low yield massive H100s then they're going to do it.

If that has the knock on effect of keeping prices afloat in the gaming sector, then that is more than fine with green team.

Soldato
It does sound like Nvidia's biggest problem is fulfilling the ML demand spike at the moment. If they have to sacrifice a lot of gaming chips to make a few low yield massive H100s then they're going to do it.

If that has the knock on effect of keeping prices afloat in the gaming sector, then that is more than fine with green team.
Wouldn't that be true only if TSMC is fully booked? If there's still place to produce ML and gaming, then it would be no brainer to improve the gaming market. Unless... they have still enough stock from old gen or they see this gen already compromised, just good enough to be compared against when the next gen arrives so that cost/performance improves drastically (and basically, artificially).

Soldato

And the knock on effect of that is having stock sat there for an even longer period of time until it comes even closer to becoming obsolete when 5000 series will inevitably launch next year...

Unless they delay the 5000 series extending it to 2.5 years instead of the 2 year cycle and hope for the best to clear old stock.

But then that has the effect of allowing AMD to catch up..

Last edited:
Caporegime
But then that has the effect of allowing AMD to catch up..
image.png

Associate
next gen nvidia is going for the kill, they will obliterate amd so that they can exclusively focus on core markets like custom ASICs for OEMs like Sony, MS, Valve etc.. atleast thats what the markets are predicting in the form of glorious financial projections for nvidia

Back
Top Bottom