• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
Only positive thing I can see as an ITX build user is the power draw of the 4060 and what I imagine lower temps.

Even then I don't think I can bring myself to give them money for this generation of cards.

Soldato
Only positive thing I can see as an ITX build user is the power draw of the 4060 and what I imagine lower temps.

Even then I don't think I can bring myself to give them money for this generation of cards.

Too true, the only one worth buying (at a cost) is the 4090 IMO.

I've been tempted a couple of times, particularly by the £1500 ones at OCUK, but they've been pushed back up to £1560, enough to dissuade me.

Still attempting to stick to waiting for the 5090, TBH, my 3080TIFE handles all my games well enough at the moment.

Associate

Yeah, it feels the same as with the 4070. Pairing that with a 7800x3D and your power draw / thermals / cooling requirements are really in a nice spot - it's just a shame that the cost of the cards this generation make a purchase really hard to justify.

Soldato

Its slower than an RTX3060TI and 10% to 20% faster than an RTX3060.
Nvidia allowing media outlets to 'preview' performance as long as they only test in a specific scenario reeks of desperation, sales of the 4060 Ti must be worse than anyone thought.

Soldato
Nvidia allowing media outlets to 'preview' performance as long as they only test in a specific scenario reeks of desperation, sales of the 4060 Ti must be worse than anyone thought.

The worst thing is Cyberpunk 2077 is probably one of the stronger games for the RTX4060 because of its use of RT. What happens if rasterised performance is a smaller increase? If you add 20% extra performance in rasterised peformance to the 1080p performance of an RTX3060 it means around RX7600 level performance:

But if on average,if it isn't outside of RT,then an RX7600 might be faster overall in rasterised performance. But the RX7600 is hardly a powerhouse of a dGPU either!

Last edited:
Caporegime

I remember this was leaked months back, more hands on view of it, like a breeze block. :eek:

Caporegime
Don
Spot the tubers shilling for nvidia, playing by Jensen's rule book with DLSS balanced at 1080p lol.

The manufacturer's intention behind this timing is to guarantee a strong initial impression prior to the card's official launch. By engaging third-party entities to promote their new product, Nvidia effectively positions popular YouTubers who now have become their advertising partners.

Nvidia plays the media against each other: Those who are allowed to report earlier can be sure of greater attention and ad views. Nvidia can place effective advertising via supposedly trustworthy influencers and on the other hand, controls the narrative for the independent tests.

I'd say it was a new level of low, but it's likely been going on for years in various shapes and forms

Last edited:
Soldato
Whats the story with the 4090ti only using a single 12vhpr connector? If regular 4090s burn up then how can ti model fair better when its supposed to be pulling more power?

Any pics seen so far of the prototype cooler with the sideways PCB were for the 4090 which were "leaked" only 2 weeks after the initial 4090 launch in October last year.

Prototype design, Nothing more, It even says "4090" along the metal rails.

No one outside of Nvidia knows if or when a 4090 Ti will release or what it might look like.

Last edited:
Soldato
Personally I would go for a used 3080 and trouser the difference but if I had to get one of the new £700-800 gpus then I’d go for the 7900XT over the 4070ti as the 4070ti lacks vram bandwidth and raster performance for its price tag, the 7900XT does better on all 3 but still has drawbacks like a weaker feature set + RT and some frametime consistency issues so while it’s better it’s not by a huge amount.

I don’t think the 5070ti will have 4090 performance as it would need to be around 70% faster than a 4070ti which I can’t see happening unless Nvidia moves it back to a larger die. It will need to have at least 16gb though if Jensen plans to sell any as I suspect 12gb will be struggling by then.

For a smidge more the 7900xtx at 950 is a pretty good deal right now. I got a feeling those prices will fall abit more still though.

Soldato
Yeah, it feels the same as with the 4070. Pairing that with a 7800x3D and your power draw / thermals / cooling requirements are really in a nice spot - it's just a shame that the cost of the cards this generation make a purchase really hard to justify.

Agreed, the 4070 is a nice card. I wanted to put one in our Intel build, but pricing it just too much atm.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom