• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Associate
i chatted to OCUK last week as my Asus Strix 4090 OC hotspot was reaching 97c during the hot weather. but they dont seem to see it as a problem and only if it reached 100c. but then it seems they dont take hotspot into account and it would have to be the core reaching 100c? now my hotspot is 105.6c something cant be right with the card?
My 4090 Suprim X gets nowhere near that on the hotspot - even OC'ed (in this weather) - something's not right with your card.

Soldato
Would you pay £1300 for a damaged 4090 (chipped pcie end part) but still works as intended, no other physical damage but only has 3 months warranty?

Tried to send an offer in like how ocuk does offers on b grade and open box items if you email them.. however they are firm on price and won't budge. I think its way overpriced especially with the amount of damage on it. The 3 months warranty is kinda normal though but expected a little more discount on the item.
I’m selling my 4090 FE in the MM. Just a heads up.

Associate
My 4090 Suprim X gets nowhere near that on the hotspot - even OC'ed (in this weather) - something's not right with your card.
i know its not working as intended, you know, everyone here would also agree but try telling oc uk that who said as its the hotspot only that reaches such high temp they wont see it as a fault. also as there doesnt seem to be any slow down they dont appear interested. although i havent yet told them that the hospot is hitting over that 100c mark maybe they could change their mind

Soldato
Another J2C apology vid in 3...2..1...

Jayztwocents

4 hours ago
Apparently showing some early performance in live demo makes you a shill these days. Salty channels aside I of course jumped at the opportunity to allow people to get an idea of how it's scaling compared to Ti and older cards. This video as stated is an early preview, it's not my job to tell you to buy it or not, it's yours to decide based on gathering info across all of this outlets providing info in their own testing style. As stated I didn't chose ASUS, in fact I expressed my displeasure with being sent an ASUS card. If you came here because of other salty channels, cool. I don't mind being their platform to boast their own validity while bashing. I don't do drama, that's them, not me. As stated this card should be cheaper, the Ram should be higher and the gap should be larger. But go ahead and parrot whatever you like, it honestly doesn't bother me. Have a nice day

Soldato
I read that too as unusually for me i was reading the YT comment on that video to see how much, if any, backlash he'd get for it. While I've got nothing against Jay it does seem he's really misread the room and misunderstood why some have taken issue with this 'preview' of performance. I understand that some people have undoubtedly called him a shill but it seems like he's got hung-up on that rather than trying to understand why some people are saying that.

He doesn't seem to understand that yes it's great to get an early performance indicator but not when it's so heavily curated, when the company is telling you to only test something that shows their products in the best light possible, people don't want to know what it can do, people want to know what it can't, what its limitations are (if any). If all you're doing is showing a product in the best light possible you're little more than an extension of the companies marketing dept.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I can see some of his points, other channels bashing him is easy fodder. However he has been doing it long enough to know the industry, how youtube works and seasoned people know these big channels are shills for the main.

It looks like only a 20% uplift at best (disregarding the outliers and cherry picked games) from the last gen, trying to spin it any better is farcical. Cant argue with his closing statement though! ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
yeah and if you refuse to work with asus then take one of their cards for an nvidia fluff piece before launch whats going on with his morals there

His morals are fine, The card was supplied by Nvidia and there are no FE cards available so he had to take what he could get... and if you remember he's not got Asus as a sponsor anymore due to the issues Asus themselves caused. It's not likes he's saying "Go buy this Asus model" he's just not working with them anymore.

This non existent mole hill does not need to be made into mount Everest as it's more than a little pathetic seeing what are meant to be grown men on twitter and youtube behave like highschool gossip queens.

Tbf I think he just renounced Asus as an advertising sponsor and not to boycott them altogether.

Woah woah woah... being objective is not allowed, You have to be a raving, Ranting, Screaming and having a nervous breakdown about this unimportant detail.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom