• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
I'm kind of surprised Nvidia 'allowing' previews of the 4060 performance in a specifically curated scenario hasn't received more blowback.

I think most people just don't care enough to get riled up. A GPU company dictating test parameters for a low to mid range card is the least of peoples concerns right now.

Last edited:
Associate
i chatted to OCUK last week as my Asus Strix 4090 OC hotspot was reaching 97c during the hot weather. but they dont seem to see it as a problem and only if it reached 100c. but then it seems they dont take hotspot into account and it would have to be the core reaching 100c? now my hotspot is 105.6c something cant be right with the card?

Soldato
Would you pay £1300 for a damaged 4090 (chipped pcie end part) but still works as intended, no other physical damage but only has 3 months warranty?

Tried to send an offer in like how ocuk does offers on b grade and open box items if you email them.. however they are firm on price and won't budge. I think its way overpriced especially with the amount of damage on it. The 3 months warranty is kinda normal though but expected a little more discount on the item.

Last edited:
Soldato
Would you pay £1300 for a damaged 4090 (chipped pcie end part) but still works as intended, no other physical damage but only has 3 months warranty?

Tried to send an offer in like how ocuk does offers on b grade and open box items if you email them.. however they are firm on price and won't budge. I think its way overpriced especially with the amount of damage on it. The 3 months warranty is kinda normal though but expected a little more discount on the item.

No, No and double no, Just save up a bit more and get a new 4090 with full warranty. Unless OCUK did a full microscope deep dive to make sure the PCB hasn't got a hairline crack then I would put zero faith in it not cracking further and the traces possibly being foobar.

Last edited:
Soldato
No, No and double no, Just save up a bit more and get a new 4090 with full warranty. Unless OCUK did a full microscope deep dive to make sure the PCB hasn't got a hairline crack then I would put zero faith in it not cracking further and the traces possibly being foobar.
I definately wouldn't. If I was looking to spend that kind of money on a GPU I'd happily pay about £200 extra and get full warranty and new undamaged card!

Caporegime

**** THAT!!!!

Message OcUK, they might get close to that with one of their's.

Last edited:
Soldato
They now offered me an extended to 6 months warranty but i still think its insane. Need to drop the price way down and offer the same warranty and i think it might possibly be worth a punt then.

Soldato
They now offered me an extended to 6 months warranty but i still think its insane. Need to drop the price way down and offer the same warranty and i think it might possibly be worth a punt then.

If the PCB is damaged that means it is structurally unsound and any tension on the PCB IF there's a hairline crack will split the traces resulting in a non functional card.

This may not happen for a month, 2 months, Maybe even 7 months but IMO it's not worth the gamble. Save up for an extra month or so and get a brand new card that comes with peace of mind that it's in pristine condition.

Last edited:
Soldato
If the PCB is damaged that means it is structurally unsound and any tension on the PCB IF there's a hairline crack will split the traces resulting in a non functional card.

This may not happen for a month, 2 months, Maybe even 7 months but IMO it's not worth the gamble. Save up for an extra month or so and get a brand new card that comes with peace of mind that it's in pristine condition.

I think some of you might know which company im referring to. These gpu's are all damaged in transit while installed in a customers pc. Sounds like the damage was caused when they are ripped out of the pcie socket so like you say, there would be structural damage to the pcb and cooler itself.

Soldato

Not when you can get a brand new Zotac 4090 from OCUK for £1500 (yep, they've dropped the price back from £1560) with a five year warranty.

Last edited:
Soldato
You could get a used one in perfect condition for that price + the original receipt for the full warranty.

Associate

That’s fleabay‘s Currys outlet isn’t it? I saw it but 1300 for a damaged 4090 with a short warranty? Nope it’s a pass from me.

Back
Top Bottom