• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
He constantly puts himself down which just gets annoying
He should put himself down. :D
I watch less tech videos nowadays, as I still find a lot of things focus on GPU pricing and whatever the next model of GPU's miserable performance increase will be. Prefer to just watch the news round-up style ones, or reviews of things likes cases, or mini-PCs.

Associate
His morals are fine, The card was supplied by Nvidia and there are no FE cards available so he had to take what he could get... and if you remember he's not got Asus as a sponsor anymore due to the issues Asus themselves caused. It's not likes he's saying "Go buy this Asus model" he's just not working with them anymore.

This non existent mole hill does not need to be made into mount Everest as it's more than a little pathetic seeing what are meant to be grown men on twitter and youtube behave like highschool gossip queens.
The 'issue' with this was perfectly illustrated by HUB - Nvidia set the terms to show the 4060 in the best possible light (since they know it's going to get the same reception the 4060 Ti did) - so by taking part in this 'preview' YouTubers are doing Nvidia's marketing for them in exchange for ad revenue. The correct thing for a consumer-focussed channel to do was not review the card until the full embargo was lifted (and many channels have chosen to do exactly that).

I don't blame Jay for making the content - but then I don't really take Jay's content seriously in the first place.

Associate
I can not understand why anyone on these forums would watch J2C. Easily one of the worst when it comes to reviews.
I think he was a lot of people's (not necessarily on this forum) entrance into building your own PC, some of his earlier videos from 2013/2014 were really helpful when it came to actually building your own PC.

It seems to have just got worse and worse ever since then.

Soldato
Seems the better option.

I'm of the opinion, rightly or wrongly, that if you can afford £1100 for a GPU, you can afford £1500, so get the Zotac 4090 currently at OCUK.

If I'm wrong, and you can't afford it, what are you doing spending your last £1100 on a graphics card! :p

Last edited:
Soldato
If the rumours are true, 5000 series is coming till 2025, what does this mean for the 4000 series. Hopefully an even longer line of price drops :cry:.

Or they're trying to play the game of making everyone get comfortable with the high prices so people will notice less when the 5000 series drop at the same ridiculous prices.

People don't easily forget though...

Last edited:
Soldato

Nvidia GeForce RTX 4060 8GB graphics cards listed from $299.99 to $329.99​

"ranged" prices (within £10) are now showing on Overclockers too if you look at all Nvidia cards and sort on price

price looks as you'd expect :( UK £ wise - but conversion about as expected

market seems a bit all over the place though - difficult decision between 3060Ti and 4060 - depending on price

but many 3060Ti priced higher so I'd imagine they'd be a hard sell

conversely if the 3060Ti drops in price to below 4060 it might be a good buy

Last edited:
Soldato
"ranged" prices (within £10) are now showing on Overclockers too if you look at all Nvidia cards and sort on price

price looks as you'd expect :( UK £ wise - but conversion about as expected

market seems a bit all over the place though - difficult decision between 3060Ti and 4060 - depending on price

but many 3060Ti priced higher so I'd imagine they'd be a hard sell

conversely if the 3060Ti drops in price to below 4060 it might be a good buy
The RTX3060TI can be had for under £300 and is a faster card. Also it looks to be faster anyway.

Soldato
Yeah will be a hard sell for 4060 with 3060ti at under 300

Benchmarks tomorrow will be very interesting

Another issue is the RX6600 is under £200 and the RX6600XT/RX6650XT are trending close to £225ish. The RX6650XT is already around 10% to 15% faster than an RTX3060:

The issue is that the RTX4060 might be only 10% faster in rasterised performance but £60~£75 more expensive. The RTX3060 can be had for under £250 and has more VRAM than the RTX4060 too. The RX7600 also looks similar overall performance in rasterisation too,so if that gets a price drop to £250,then the RTX4060 would be £50 more than that,and the RX6700XT has gone as low as £285 after cashback.

Last edited:
Reactions: G J
Associate

Ooof (time link)
They think of the 4060 as a 1650 or 1050ti class product, $100-$150 gpu not a $300 gpu. The cooler, fans shroud, fans and heatsink weighs 350g. Backplate is made from plastic, and the pcb has less components than a high end fan controller.

They reckon at $250 would make it a great buy. Considering what they said, which I wrote above, I'm not sure that $250 is a big enough drop from $300 for it to go from rubbish to good buy.

Last edited:

G J

G J

Associate
As Cat says there's a lot of options below and around where the 4060 wants to sell at as one of the only redeeming things about the 4060 is that it pushes down the pricing of second hand cards as I was looking to possibly move on my rx 6600 and pick up a 3060 ti or a rx6700 XT though I think the latter might be abit too much for my 500w psu.

Back
Top Bottom