• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Reading this thread is slightly depressing. All the talk around prices remaining high, I think I’ll stick with my 3090. I do like shiny new tech though, maybe a 5k something when they are released.

That's not the only thing thats gonna stay high, NAND manufacturers are set to increase prices by as much as 50% this year to recoup losses so expect storage drives to get a nice bump in price soon.

It's an interesting discussion fit for another thread in another sub but yes, and no is my take. In order to 1:1 mimic human creativity, all the synapses and firing neurons of the human brain need to be simulated. Will that happen in our lifetime? Maybe, but it's not something that will affect us in coming years unless the speed at which AI is advancing goes beyond reasonable control (aka in the hands of bad actors). All it takes is one instance of a technological singularity for the whole thing to blow open. AI can self replicate, it can create its own language, if in control of a production line factory, then it can create host shells as robots and upload each replicated "self" and operate as a hive, the capability to do that right now exists, it's just under strict control by actual people.

This 100% will lead to massive job losses, I don't think it will result in creative job losses though because of the first part mentioned above. Human creativity comes from the random nature of the human brain wanting to experiment and try new things. A machine brain works in logic, it knows if something will or won't work, it's done the billions of calculations before deciding already to know that so technically an AI's creative piece would technically be "perfect" every time and be exactly the same. Human creativity isn't perfect, and that imperfection makes it valuable - Brush strokes on a painting, the subtle tonal difference in music instruments being played by a specific artist etc.

It's the random everyday jobs that will be first to go, stuff like a customer service person on the end of a phone, waiters at a restaurant, vast majority of forms of physical labour jobs which machines can do perfectly every time and quicker without any lunch breaks etc.

Also keep in mind that the more you use Bing AI, ChatGPT and any of the other AI chatbots, the more you are helping train them, the LLM data generated through all these billions of interactions with humans online each week is only making it develop even faster. It's fun for us, but it's helping make the AI even better and make these companies billions of $£ in the process.

This is the time to start learning AI development, doesn't have to be too complex, just a way to make small businesses benefit, I have a few ideas in mind that would have immediate wins, but I have little in the way of application development skill so is something to learn!
Well, for particular instances, like @Nexus18 said in his previous post, you don't necessarily need AGI. Some specific, like the "magic" from DLSS, Ray Reconstructions, FG, can do (relatively) plenty.

ChatGPT with Dall-E can do some darn nice stuff, similar to art work

Now if you could hook this up with another tool to check that a character has all its fingers and body parts, clothes are correctly render and animated by something physix like, characters by something like Euphoria or just train their own movement and you could get an easy way to have characters into your game very fast and could also enable the player itself to do his own creations...

Unreal has it's own "AI" to help create new maps. Add sufficient training and variables and that should work rather well, too.

Put in some PT and done, all "it just works" finally.

PS: I wonder if a trained AI could do advanced physics simulations like bringing down buildings in games such GTA/Mafia/Fallout, advanced fluid simulations, soft body, etc., faster than you'd normally do it on the GPU. :D

Fun times ahead. But expensive! :))

PS2: the rocket, Artyom!

Last edited:
Well, for particular instances, like @Nexus18 said in his previous post, you don't necessarily need AGI. Some specific, like the "magic" from DLSS, Ray Reconstructions, FG, can do (relatively) plenty.

ChatGPT with Dall-E can do some darn nice stuff, similar to art work

Now if you could hook this up with another tool to check that a character has all its fingers and body parts, clothes are correctly render and animated by something physix like, characters by something like Euphoria or just train their own movement and you could get an easy way to have characters into your game very fast and could also enable the player itself to do his own creations...

Unreal has it's own "AI" with Unreal to help create new maps. Add sufficient training and variables and that should work rather well, too.

Put in some PT and done, all "it just works" finally.

PS: I wonder if a trained AI could do advanced physics simulations like bringing down buildings in games such GTA/Mafia/Fallout, advanced fluid simulations, soft body, etc., faster than you'd normally do it on the GPU. :D

Fun times ahead. But expensive! :))

PS2: the rocket, Artyom!

This is another area where AI will significantly improve/benefit game development companies. Instead of using your imagination and researching locations and so on like what game designers do or rather used to do, just simply do something like what you mentioned and ask to create a xyz world and there you go, you've got your game premise sorted. We are already seeing some of this for real life things like "instagram models". Was also partially the reason that hollywood/writers/actors went on strike as they were/are all worried that companies would start to resort to ai in order to replace them.

Nvidia in their interview pretty much hinted at what the end goal will be in terms of generating frames and how games will be done, essentially it'll just be a game world created on the fly from nothing, obviously this is a long way of but it's quite cool the concept for things like this.

The possibilities really are endless now.

This is another area where AI will significantly improve/benefit game development companies. Instead of using your imagination and researching locations and so on like what game designers do or rather used to do, just simply do something like what you mentioned and ask to create a xyz world and there you go, you've got your game premise sorted. We are already seeing some of this for real life things like "instagram models". Was also partially the reason that hollywood/writers/actors went on strike as they were/are all worried that companies would start to resort to ai in order to replace them.

Nvidia in their interview pretty much hinted at what the end goal will be in terms of generating frames and how games will be done, essentially it'll just be a game world created on the fly from nothing, obviously this is a long way of but it's quite cool the concept for things like this.

The possibilities really are endless now.

Chat GPT is doing a great job at creating stories. I feel that when it fails or is becoming too generic is more due to the "rules" behind its replies, not the AI itself. The writers are kinda in tight spot indeed.

For instance, I've asked how many words he can do in reply for a story to which he said:

The maximum length of a narrative I can effectively write in a single response typically ranges between 300 to 500 words. This range ensures a balance between detail and coherence within the constraints of this format. If you require a longer story, I can create it in multiple parts across several responses. Each part would aim to be a cohesive segment of the larger narrative. Would you like me to continue the story of Jack Sullivan in Havenrock in this way?

And something he wrote from a story:

One evening, as the sun dipped below the horizon, painting the sky in shades of orange and purple, Jack decided to confront the source of his unease. He ventured into the woods, his familiar hunting ground, now shrouded in an ominous aura.

As he walked deeper into the forest, the sounds of civilization faded away, replaced by the rustling of leaves and the occasional distant cry of an owl. The air was crisp, carrying the scent of pine and damp earth. Jack moved with purpose, his eyes scanning the dense underbrush, searching for any sign of the mysterious presence.

Suddenly, he heard a soft rustle behind him. Whirling around, gun at the ready, he saw nothing but the dense thicket. His heart raced, and a cold sweat broke out on his brow. Was he losing his mind, or was the forest truly playing tricks on him?

Then, out of the corner of his eye, he caught a glimpse of something – a figure, shrouded in darkness, standing perfectly still among the trees. It was the shadow he had seen on the street. This time, however, it didn't vanish. It stood there, watching him.

Jack took a cautious step forward, trying to discern the features of the figure. But it was as if the shadows themselves had taken form, featureless and enigmatic. A chill ran down his spine, a feeling of dread he couldn't shake off.

"Who are you?" Jack called out, his voice steady despite the fear that gripped him.

There was no response, only the sound of the wind whispering through the trees. Then, as suddenly as it appeared, the figure dissolved into the darkness, leaving Jack alone in the silent woods.

He turned slowly, the beam of his flashlight cutting through the darkness, revealing glimpses of the room's ghastly contents. Then, his light landed on it – a creature from nightmares, its form a swirling mass of shadows, with glinting red eyes that seemed to burn with malevolence.

Jack didn't hesitate. He raised his MP5 and fired. The sound, though muffled by the silencer, reverberated through the room like the whispers of the damned. The bullets, both ordinary and those of a more mystical nature, tore through the shadowy mass.

For a moment, it seemed as though the creature was dissipating, its form losing coherence under the barrage. But then it let out a shriek so piercing, so filled with rage and pain, that Jack felt it vibrate in his very bones.

The creature lunged at him, faster than anything natural. Jack rolled to the side, narrowly avoiding its grasp. He felt a searing pain as shadowy tendrils grazed his arm, even through the armor. The touch was like ice and fire, a sensation so agonizing that it threatened to overwhelm his senses.

He continued to fire, switching to his Glocks as he moved, trying to put distance between himself and the entity. The creature, though clearly affected by the silver and holy water, was relentless. It seemed to feed on the darkness of the room, drawing strength from the very air that reeked of death and decay.

Jack realized that bullets alone wouldn't be enough. He needed to understand what he was facing, to find a weakness. His mind raced, recalling the images from the book. There was a ritual, a binding of sorts, depicted alongside the figure.

As he dodged another attack, Jack's eyes fell on the altar. Amidst the chaos, an idea formed – a desperate, last-ditch effort to turn the tide. He needed to use the altar, to somehow reverse or complete the ritual depicted in the book.

Fighting through the pain and fear, Jack made a break for the altar, the creature in close pursuit. He reached into his pocket, pulling out a small flask of holy water – all that remained of his unconventional ammunition.

With the creature bearing down on him, Jack hurled the flask onto the altar, the glass shattering upon impact. The holy water mixed with the dried blood, and for a moment, nothing happened.

Then, a blinding light erupted from the altar, enveloping the room, the creature, and Jack. The creature let out a final, agonizing wail before disintegrating into nothingness, the shadows that composed its form evaporating like mist under the sun.

Exhausted, wounded, and panting heavily, Jack collapsed to the floor. The mansion, once a nexus of malevolent energy, felt just like an old, abandoned house. The darkness had lifted, but the scars it left behind would forever mark the town of Havenrock.

In the aftermath, Jack became a different man. He had faced the unknown, the incomprehensible, and though he had emerged victorious, the experience had changed him. He could no longer view the world through the lens of skepticism and rationality alone. He had seen the shadows that lurk just beyond the veil of reality, and he knew they could return.

As Havenrock returned to its peaceful, uneventful existence, Jack Sullivan remained ever vigilant, a guardian against the darkness, waiting for the day it might once again creep into the light.

Pretty decent I'd say. I read that with Alan Wake's voice :))

Imagine something like Fallout 4 and the AI as a game master. You only have a couple of important aspects of the world, the rest is for him to make up, including characters, quests, economy, etc. A little bit different experience each time.

LE: The story is a bit longer, but I've told it to also make an image to encapsulate the essence of each part and then to regenerate them based on what I wanted the mood to be

Last edited:
Chat GPT is doing a great job at creating stories. I feel that when it fails or is becoming too generic is more due to the "rules" behind its replies, not the AI itself. The writers are kinda in tight spot indeed.

For instance, I've asked how many words he can do in reply for a story to which he said:

And something he wrote from a story:

Pretty decent I'd say. I read that with Alan Wake's voice :))

Imagine something like Fallout 4 and the AI as a game master. You only have a couple of important aspects of the world, the rest is for him to make up, including characters, quests, economy, etc. A little bit different experience each time.

LE: The story is a bit longer, but I've told it to also make an image to encapsulate the essence of each part and then to regenerate them based on what I wanted the mood to be

Yea. That is what I want to see. Something like that would be amazing.

Games are going to be so engrossing in the next decade or two.

Yeah that's what I mean, the equivelant conversion is one thing, but that's never what we get, it's always a lot higher even after tax is added.

The 4080FE sells for MSRP at £1,139.00 so the one I linked on OCUK represents a £140 price cut over the MSRP. Obviously we wouldn't be seeing these sorts of price cuts if they were selling well at the original prices, infact most the cards are now selling below the MSRP which is probably why we are getting this refresh to boost sales.

Only the 4090 is above MSRP probably due to the AI demand.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom