• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

If there were shortages they wouldn't bother releasing new cards in the first place. They would just sell the current ones at the current price!
It's the limited gpu availability game Volume IX, the best part imo.....

"Limited launch price-subsidised by Nv/AMD"

Which is probably true!:cry:

Then they steadily increment in price after they sell ~5 gpus per vendor till they plateau to the actual selling price.

Maybe the 4090 facing shortages as that is great for AI/ML workloads, Lots of places gobbling those up.

I can understand that one - but the Wccftech article seems to imply all Nvidia cards. Unless these "sources" are getting confused by Nvidia running down stocks of the RTX4080 and RTX4070TI as they will be made to look pointless by the RTX4070TI Super and RTX4080 Super.
It's the limited gpu availability game Volume IX, the best part imo.....

"Limited launch price-subsidised by Nv/AMD"

Which is probably true!:cry:

Then they steadily increment in price after they sell ~5 gpus per vendor till they plateau to the actual selling price.

It still makes no sense because in the end they wouldn't need to go to all that effort in the first place.

You would just sell the current cards and whatever price they can get away with.

Makes you wonder whether all the scalpers are trying to ditch all their stock so need to spread "shortages" for the FOMO crowd.

Called it, 70 class cards breaching that 1k mark. The 4070ti super or whatever the hell its gonna be called will do this.

Yep, I said this when the 2000 series launched with the 2080 Ti being £1200 - "If we're not careful we're going to see £1000 70 class cards in the not too distant future" and the danger then is how far off are £1000 60 class cards, That is going to put a lot of people off, Even people who can easily afford it, And have sense, Will avoid that.

Last edited:
Well NVIDIA can get away with it. I was looking through the AMD sections earlier and there very little in the way of models and brands. I thought to myself 'is this it', I do wonder why AMD bother.

Yep, I said this when the 2000 series launched with the 2080 Ti being £1200 - "If we're not careful we're going to see £1000 70 class cards in the not too distant future" and the danger then is how far off are £1000 60 class cards, That is going to put a lot of people off, Even people who can easily afford it, And have sense, Will avoid that.
The product names this gen are just there to fool people but the hardware specs doesn’t lie.

The 70 class has already been going for £1200 and £800 for the 60ti.

Screenshot-8990.png

Well NVIDIA can get away with it. I was looking through the AMD sections earlier and there very little in the way of models and brands. I thought to myself 'is this it', I do wonder why AMD bother.

AMD could drop out of the dGPU gaming market altogether if they wanted to and still remain massively profitable as most of their money comes from CPU's, Making the SoC's for Sony's PS5/PS5 Pro, Microsoft's Xbox Series S/X and their data center CPU's and GPU's/AI accelerators.

AMD could drop out of the dGPU gaming market altogether if they wanted to and still remain massively profitable as most of their money comes from CPU's, Making the SoC's for Sony's PS5/PS5 Pro, Microsoft's Xbox Series S/X and their data center CPU's and GPU's/AI accelerators.
Nvidia are quite happy keeping AMD in the market as it keeps the FTC/CMA off their back.

PC gamers wouldn't even notice if AMD dropped out but their shareholders would.

Rip radeon?

If true AMD would need big discounts. Much better pricing on the 4080 super, although that would be a FE model right?

Rip radeon?

Probably have the pockets full already. MCM design should have given them lower cost, right, RIGHT? :))
Let the prices hit the flooooooor!

Last edited:
At that price, it finally puts proper high end gaming to a wider mass who were wincing at spending at least £1200 for that sort of thing before. Now gamers can get that, and then the rest on a 360Hz+ monitor for less than the cost of a single 4080 in some cases :D

At that price, it finally puts proper high end gaming to a wider mass who were wincing at spending at least £1200 for that sort of thing before. Now gamers can get that, and then the rest on a 360Hz+ monitor for less than the cost of a single 4080 in some cases :D
Whilst I get the point, I'm not so sure on that - I'd hardly call it to "the masses" at those prices. It's a step in the right direction, or at least no further steps in the wrong direction.

This is how prices get normalised so high.

Last edited:
yeah that went well in the bulldozer era for AMD :cry:

Last edited:
Whilst I get the point, I'm not so sure on that - I'd hardly call it to "the masses" at those prices. It's a step in the right direction, or at least no further steps in the wrong direction.

This is how prices get normalised so high.
but the most common reason going by comments for people not wanting to change from their 30 series cards has always been price, the 4070 series isn't an upgrade from a 3080 12GB for example, yet is priced poorly, the 4070 Ti Super at least is an upgrade and gives (supposedly) 4080 performance for what everyone wanted the 4080 to be priced at from launch.

Back
Top Bottom