• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

but the most common reason going by comments for people not wanting to change from their 30 series cards has always been price, the 4070 series isn't an upgrade from a 3080 12GB for example, yet is priced poorly, the 4070 Ti Super at least is an upgrade and gives (supposedly) 4080 performance for what everyone wanted the 4080 to be priced at from launch.
this is true but 4080 performance is not as valuable as it was 12 months ago. price per performance is meant to come down so a drop should be expected.
these are still v high end prices imo esp considering they will be previous generation in under 12 months time.

anyone with a 3070/3080 level of card will do well to hold imo and skip this gen considering they waited this long.

this is true but 4080 performance is not as valuable as it was 12 months ago. price per performance is meant to come down so a drop should be expected.
these are still v high end prices imo esp considering they will be previous generation in under 12 months time.

anyone with a 3070/3080 level of card will do well to hold imo and skip this gen considering they waited this long
Tiss want I’ll end up doing.

The prices are the same for two and a little cheaper on the other. Better for the masses is a very good joke, although giving more performance is a start I guess.

Last edited:
I'll take whatever bone Jensen throws us as Nvidia is not exactly strapped for cash these days. 4080s same msrp as the xtx but faster and it's a GeForce with all those superior features. Same with 4070ti s vs 7900xt. If you think they are going to undercut Amd, you need to wake up.

Last edited:
£1000 for a 4080S is supposed to be good now? No it's a total rip off. The Nvidia higher prices conditioning is working well I see.

Seems like the 4080 is always being price to make another card look better value this generation. Originally it was close to the 4090 so made the 4090 a better "value" card.

Now if those prices above are true it makes the 4070 ti super (silly name) seem good value, same amount of vram, same 103 chip, and probably only 10-15% slower for nearly 25% less. Will sell well at RRP.

New price point established for the xx70 Ti range of cards and Nvidia will repeat the process next gen...

I don't think they will undercut AMD and honestly don't think they should (or need to) either. However that does not mean that a reduction from far too much to simply too much is one that should be lauded.

I've seen "double the performance for the same money" as an upgrade maxim quite often, but now it seems like anything under than 1000 is now decent. It is becoming one of the more expensive hobbies.

I'll take whatever bone Jensen throws us as Nvidia is not exactly strapped for cash these days. 4080s same msrp as the xtx but faster and it's a GeForce with all those superior features. Same with 4070ti s vs 7900xt. If you think they are going to undercut Amd, you need to wake up.

Customers are not here to survive on Jenson's bones, we are not dogs and even dogs need meat to survive. The problem is the mentality of the customers too, thinking he's done them a favour for what he has done with the supers.. supers is another name for they messed it up and had to refresh the line, lets not forget when the supers got introduced, when they messed up the 20 series and now the 40 series. It's basically them back peddling very slowly while still testing the market.

If they were so confident and the market was good they would be releasing ULTRAS not SUPERS. The next version of a super mess up will be called Ti Super Ultra Extreme. If there was not AI paying them right now all the cards would have been 50% of their release price now or new series would have been out to hide the mess, but they have AI and before bitcoin allowing them to abuse their original customers of their products that put them where they are.

Anyways seen this before and how it ends for such companies.. history books are waiting to be written with more failed companies due to greed and forgetting their customers that put them where they were. You just have to look at what EVGA did and I'm sure more companies to come if this carries on saying ...bye bye Nvidia... You wonder why sony,microsoft and many more companies wanted clear of Nvidia after they worked with them.

Without extra VRAM what exactly is the point of the 4080 Super?

I mean, it's looking almost certain that the 4070Ti Super is going to be a 4080 in all but name, probably 5% (ish) less performance, just so Nvidia can save face, with a $400 price cut.

To me it only seems like it exists in order for Nvidia to pretend the 4080 is still a thing.

Last edited:
Without extra VRAM what exactly is the point of the 4080 Super?

I mean, it's looking almost certain that the 4070Ti Super is going to be a 4080 in all but name, probably 5% (ish) less performance, just so Nvidia can save face, with a $400 price cut.

To me it only seems like it exists in order for Nvidia to pretend the 4080 is still a thing.

Well its not just gonna be a 5% gap is it. It has 21% more cuda cores.

Last edited:
I meant a 5% gap with the current 4080, not the new Super.

But you are saying whats the point of the new super. It's exactly that, to make sure you get something for $200. 10,240 cuda cores over 8,448. Just cutting the price of the 4080 doesn't work.

I reckon a 4080 Ti will still come out as a cut down AD102 card for $1200/$1300.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom