• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Intentional of course.
AI is the new crypto (potentially worse and longer lasting) and sucks up a lot of GPU production capacity, whereas gaming cards are of a low priority now for Nvidia (and soon potentially for AMD too). This isn't even hidden by the latter and it's been mentioned for a while now that it's coming. Hence yes, intentional just not for the reason some imagine - it's simply (again) business decision to earn much more from the enterprise market than gaming one.

Also, don't forget the incoming US taxation on imports from China, which is said to come soon (I heard that for years now though), with price jumps even 25% up on graphics cards. Joyful times.

AMD’s new price tiers in USD need to be:

7900xtx = 850
7900xt = 650
7800xt = 475

If they want sales volume.
It doesn't really look like they want higher sales volumes - what they put on the market seems to be selling just fine but in general they don't put that many units for sale to gamers (and that's not new). Most of their production capacity is in CPUs, console chips and enterprise market.

Source for that? Or is that just a guess?

If a 4070 Ti Super launches for £700-750 here and offers 4080 perf, that's not bad but a bit late now.

Now it's official and guess what, the pricing I posted was 100% correct

Last edited:
Does have me questionning if I should bag one for £350 after selling the 3080 on if it be worthwhile.... But at the same time, I'm playing **** all that is demanding atm now!

AI is the new crypto (potentially worse and longer lasting) and sucks up a lot of GPU production capacity, whereas gaming cards are of a low priority now for Nvidia (and soon potentially for AMD too). This isn't even hidden by the latter and it's been mentioned for a while now that it's coming. Hence yes, intentional just not for the reason some imagine - it's simply (again) business decision to earn much more from the enterprise market than gaming one.

Also, don't forget the incoming US taxation on imports from China, which is said to come soon (I heard that for years now though), with price jumps even 25% up on graphics cards. Joyful times.
Shortages mean there's physically not enough material and production capacity to meet demand.

People haven't been buying new GPUs in the numbers they thought they would so they have adjusted the capacity and trying to manipulate the market into getting people to buy to drum up the market.

This won't work because the starting prices are still too high.

Even if the 4080 super end up being $1000, it still won't sell because it's $1000.

Even a 4070 is still to high of a price.

People just aren't buying

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom