• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Not bad prices assuming UK doesn't get ripped of as per usual.....

UK prices will be horrendous and the usual culprits in certain stores will say with sad violin music playing in the background "We only make pennies on each card sold, Feel sorry for us...." meanwhile most of the staff have very expensive cars with some having exotic cars and yachts :D

Last edited:
UK prices will be horrendous and the usual culprits in certain stores will say with sad violin music playing in the background "We only make pennies on each card sold, Feel sorry for us...." meanwhile most of the staff have very expensive cars with some having exotic cars and yachts :D
Thats not true, the margins are so tight these days that they can’t even afford to bundle the haribo anymore.

Like OCUK? Love the shop but the prices are a joke

Like OCUK? Love the shop but the prices are a joke
They missed the boat hard on the 7800xt, seems like other retailers banked on them well.

The xfx card is just nicer and they barely had stock on the hellhound version which blew reviews with it's temp and fan noise or lack of it.

They also push asus a bit too hard so prices are even more conflated.

I have 980ti and thinking of upgrading soon as will be starting to play more modern games on 1440p.
i7 7700k at 4,2ghz
32gb ram
600W PSU

Whats the best bang per buck or next potential upgrades?

I have 980ti and thinking of upgrading soon as will be starting to play more modern games on 1440p.
i7 7700k at 4,2ghz
32gb ram
600W PSU

Whats the best bang per buck or next potential upgrades?

Might want to wait a couple of weeks for things to settle. A 4070, or maybe the 7800XT if it gets a cut to £450ish? I wouldn't go any much higher than those with a 7700k personally.

i7 7700k at 4,2ghz
With that cpu I'd def be leaning more towards AMD than Nvidia personally, they tend to do a lot better due to hardware scheduling being on chip rather than farmed out to the cpu like Nvidia does.

7800XT? PSU though, hmmmm.

edit - Check out the 4070 Super benchmarks when they drop later in the month, they're more power efficient so psu should be fine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom