• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

The design of the founders cards looks really nice, the black text and dark black alloy does look really good.

I really wish they would stop showing benchmarks/performance gains using frame generation - it's such a false way of displaying the performance uplift, especially when compared to previous gen cards that don't have access to the tech.

They were comparing the 4070 Super against the 3070 and 2070 in games using frame generation - so Alan Wake 2 getting 18fps average on a 2070 compared to a 4070 Super using frame generation getting 75??

I totally get it from a marketing side but it's mad annoying to not ever be able to see accurately what the actual improvement is from the card vs. from the FG tech.

I totally get it from a marketing side but it's mad annoying to not ever be able to see accurately what the actual improvement is from the card vs. from the FG tech.
That's why these sort of announcements are largely non-events for me, the only thing worth taking note of is the release date and price, everything else is noise until the third-party reviews.

$1000 /£1000 is the most that should be paid for the top cards imo.
That's the price of the RTX 4080 Super. I guess Nvidia can't produce enough 4090s?

That's usually the issue with the flagship /most premium model.

Like the AD103 based rtx 4080, it's a very power efficient design, blowing the 4090 out the water:

Much better cost per frame also.

Last edited:
Geforce Now is also getting G-Sync support which will please many.

By many I mean the 7 people who use it :p

Why did I think of @Nexus18 straight away? :cry:

How do you know what this look is like :eek:

He knows from first hand experience.

Don't laugh to hard though, it likely the expression people looking to buy the 5090 will make also.

The issue I have with the Super cards, is that in 9-10 months, there should be some more cards coming from AMD, and maybe NV too, so I think the benefit is greater for new builders, rather than upgraders.

These AMD cards will likely max out at around $1,000.

Last edited:
The issue I have with the Super cards, is that in 9-10 months, there should be some more cards coming from AMD, and maybe NV too, so I think the benefit is greater for new builders, rather than upgraders.

These AMD cards will likely max out at around $1,000.

Aren't we only ever 12 months away from new cards anyway though?

I will try get a 4080 S FE then sell my current GPU to mitigate the cost, should see a good upgrade for around £650. If I can't get hold of the FE I'll just wait for the next line up of cards.

Waiting for a 4080 dropping in price be like..

416509121-342060268753528-4204083371452452466-n.jpg

:D

The RX 7900 XTX prices will need to come down, doubt many will buy if RTX 4080 supers sell for £900-£1000.

RX 7900 XTs could do with a price cut to ~£700 as well, but I guess it depends on how many they can produce. The price went up since I bought one, so I'm sure they could reduce it again soon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom