• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Sign up to drops if they insta sell out, though i doubt they will. Doesn't seem to be that many people talking about getting one since they probably already forked out for a 4090.

If you're in a position to do so, buying the flagship at the start of the generation is the way to go. You get top performance right out of the gate for 2 years and at worst, it'll be replaced by a slightly higher sku a year down the road. By then, you're already look at the next big leap.

The resell on the top end is always decent as well if you sell right away.

If you're in a position to do so, buying the flagship at the start of the generation is the way to go. You get top performance right out of the gate for 2 years and at worst, it'll be replaced by a slightly higher sku a year down the road. By then, you're already look at the next big leap.

The resell on the top end is always decent as well if you sell right away.

Traditionally thats what i've always done, did the same for the 3090 and now the 4090 but i feel this gen for the 4090 at least it's quite abit faster than last gen so i may end up keeping it for quite abit longer. Possibly skipping the 5000 series altogether.

The only thing that might sway me to get a next gen card is sponsorship to build something with next gen hardware.

After the reputational damage during the last Crypto mining cycle I'm surprised OCUK decided to make these prices public.

Last edited:
They dont get released for a couple of weeks, I expect the price will be adjusted beforehand.
image.png

:D

1200 quid for a 4080 Super lol. OCUK having a laugh.
That’s a deliberate move to persuade people to buy all the left over the 4080 cards they have going for 1k right now.

If no one was buying the 4080 at £1200 then no ones going to buy a card that Nvidia claims is just 3% faster when new gen cards as possibly 9 months away.

Back
Top Bottom