• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

It was weird for them to show a 4070 ti super fe model in that little presentation there, would confuse a lot of people.

The weirdest thing is that there was clearly going to be a 4080 12G FE card until it was "unlaunched", but the 4070 Ti that it eventually became had no FE model.

Another thought - is the only reason we have "SUPER" cards again because "Ti" has already been used?
If the 4080 12G hadn't been rebranded as the 4070 Ti then maybe this round of refreshes would have been "Ti" cards, like with Ampere.
Instead of 4070 SUPER, 4070 Ti SUPER and 4080 SUPER, we'd have had 4070 Ti, 4080 12G Ti and 4080 16G Ti.

I was half tempted to sell my 4070ti and get a 70 ti super for the extra £180ish as I play at 4k but think I might just wait for the 5000 series now if they are coming this year? or is it next year.
I'd stick with what you have till next gen, any of the new cards you buy now for £1K or less will struggle in the latest games at 4k by next year.

4080 at £1000 is not exactly flying off shelves, this won't either.

The 4080 and 7900XTX have the same problem - most people with £1k to spend on a GPU can also afford a 4090 so they'll get that.

That said, with the 4080S coming in a bit cheaper and 4090 prices on the rise (and the FE hard to get hold of), maybe more will be inclined to "settle" for a 4080S?

Av1 is for everyone. The only unique thing this is doing is the multi streams where the GPU takes your image output up to 4k then transcodes it into multiple other resolution streams so viewers can select the best resolution for their connection while the streamer still games and max image quality
Mean YouTube still does something similar already.

Again this feels more of a twitch and obs thing then Nvidia.

Pretty typical of Nvidia

Yup well they lost my money this year that went into good old audio gear... So when they behave as they do they loose my money to my other hobbies. Better things to spend good money on than GPUs that are overpriced and come with planned obsolescence built in to keep funding their greed.

Even AMD has started to hit a nerve with me with their games too and it's the same game as Nvidia just one step behind all the time to make them seem like the good guys, but reality they are just as bad this generation too with their GPUs and the extremely expensive motherboards for AM5.

They have taken all the fun out of building pcs with these behaviours. Then the retailer gouging too that has hit an extreme high too and sadly all that will happen is places like amazon will kill them off too and we will be left with less options as we can see what has happened to the high-street stores that have all vanished or just a shell of what they use to be and basically an online order place now as they have nothing ever in stock in the stores.

Last edited:
Are Nvidia claiming AV1 as their own?

Wow... Intel and AMD also use AV1 Encode and Decode. :rolleyes:
Oddly it's making people think it's their thing.

Though Nvidia is part of that alliance thing for av1 granted.

You can't even use av1 encoding with Nvidia in resolve free version but you can with AMD and intel.
Good way to save £300

Back
Top Bottom