• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

I predict a flurry or auction and forum listing in the next couple of weeks. To try and take advantage of higher resell value now before the floodgates open

Think people have learnt not to do that if trying to buy a new release. Hold on to what you have before attempting to get the new one just incase it sells out or you can't find one at a cheap enough price.

Though i suppose we're not in a pandemic anymore and they aren't cheap gpu's either.

always same for a gpu launch, no i aint buying, theres plenty available. then comes launch time. :cry:

crazy-shopping-crazy-shoppers.gif

The RTX 4070 TI Super, despite it's cumbersome name, might be the most interesting card of the series, just because it offers about the same performance as both the RTX 3090 TI and RX 7900 XT.

And probably runs a lot cooler too (tdp of just 285w apparently).

The 4070 S seems to expensive though considering that the cheapest RX 7800 XT can be had for ~£470 and offers similar performance.

If only there could be an extra T inbetween the TI and the Super, I mean, this edition would sell itself.

Last edited:
always same for a gpu launch, no i aint buying, theres plenty available. then comes launch time

Haha reminds me of the Sony portal launch. All the youtubers declared who would need such a device and it was not worth getting. I ignored them all and pre ordered one as being in a kid house hold it would be damp handy. Then ofc the portal got released and people were like they would be damn useful and panicked trying to buy one and pay scalpers

I wonder if the existence of the Super cards indicates a later launch of the RTX 5000 series?

Maybe Nvidia thinks 'Super' RTX 4000 series cards are more profitable / economical, at least until 2025?

4/5 nm GPUs are already quite costly to produce, at least according to Nvidia.
I actually think it’s the opposite and we’ll see 5000 series before the end of the year, the supers are being introduced now to offer better value and ensure Nvidia is not left with an oversupply of silicon again especially for parts like the AD103 which has been a very poor seller up till now so will have 2 skus using it now on parts $200-400 cheaper.

I don't know, this seems like it's probably legit:

Resize

https://hothardware.com/news/nvidia-gpu-roadmap-next-geforce-2025

Seems like a Jan/Feb 2025 launch for the RTX 5000 series.
Most of the recent leaks are saying Q4 but even if we get a Jan launch then that is only a year away so not worth buying anything right now unless you're running a potato GPU.

No way can next gen uplifts be as poor as ADA has bar the 4090 else even AMD will start pulling away at the 1k and under segment especially if they have figured out MCM by then.

Most of the recent leaks are saying Q4 but even if we get a Jan launch then that is only a year away so not worth buying anything right now unless you're running a potato GPU.

No way can next gen uplifts be as poor as ADA has bar the 4090 else even AMD will start pulling away at the 1k and under segment especially if they have figured out MCM by then.

What I get from recent leaks, Nvidia still planning on Q1 2025, however they would be ready to launch by Q4 24' in case of a sensational rival launch.

Yeah I think even if its just a single flagship there will be something launching in '24.
Yeah, like the RTX 4090 TI, presumably launching months before RDNA 4 GPUs.

They probably don't need the next gen yet, some people will lap up a £2000 consumer GPU.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom