• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

That boat sailed last year, the max I’d pay for one now would be £600, it’ll probably be going for £400 when the next gen is out.

3080s were still going for around 1k in jan 2022 by Jan 2023 they were down to £400 so the 4080 will be no different.
I got very lucky, sold the 2070 Super for literally a few quid less than what I bought it for a year prior lol, then sold my replacement (sealed) 3080 Ti FE for £725 and then the same week the old 3080 Ti FE's box for £20 before buying the Zotac 4090 for FE price brand new with 5yrs warranty :D :cool:

Last edited:
That’s a deliberate move to persuade people to buy all the left over the 4080 cards they have going for 1k right now.

If no one was buying the 4080 at £1200 then no ones going to buy a card that Nvidia claims is just 3% faster when new gen cards as possibly 9 months away.

Unfortunately there are always people usually the misinformed who will. It's called more money than sense.

image.png

:D

Now £959.99

No dual BIOS on FE cards though and with Zotac you get 5 years warranty too. Unless someone simply /must/ have the construction of an FE, then I don't see much sense in them if the AIB cards are FE priced.

No dual BIOS on FE cards though and with Zotac you get 5 years warranty too. Unless someone simply /must/ have the construction of an FE, then I don't see much sense in them if the AIB cards are FE priced.

When they are priced at FE price its a good deal but rarely happens.

The 4080 Super will look a whole lot faster than a 4080 because they've D/C the 4080 and put all this new fangled tops and flops and AI etc...

But in reality it won't be, 0-5% at most. Marketing is doing a good job though in not including 4080 slides in the presentation.. instead comparing it to a 3080ti and 3090, they know that it doesn't look impressive compared to the OG unit. Would have been much more impressive if they had used a 4090 die with locked SM's which actually supersedes the 4080 by some margin.

That’s a deliberate move to persuade people to buy all the left over the 4080 cards they have going for 1k right now.

If no one was buying the 4080 at £1200 then no ones going to buy a card that Nvidia claims is just 3% faster when new gen cards as possibly 9 months away.
Well, AIB 4070 Ti supers are probably going to be a grand.
Edit: Noticed the 4080 supers have lowered to under a £1000. The 4070 Ti super's will not be a £1000, lol.

Last edited:
The RTX 4070 TI Super (FE) seems competitive with the RX 7900 XT, both in price and performance. Also, it's based on AD103, so Nvidia's 2nd best RTX 4000 series GPU die.

Decent amount of VRAM also.

The RTX 4080 Super is ahead of AMD's best card, but is expensive...

The RTX 4070 TI Super might be the most interesting development, because it could force down AMD's prices.

Techpowerup's performance estimate:

The RX 7900 XT is already £730 on one website, so I don't think it will be long before these are selling for £700 or less.

Last edited:
The RTX 4070 Super is kind of what the RTX 4070 should have been in my opinion, e.g. actually (a bit) faster than cards like the RTX 3080.

But still behind the RTX 3080 TI.

I think the price is still a bit disappointing, but it's because of the positioning of the RTX 4070...

Last edited:
I wonder if the existence of the Super cards indicates a later launch of the RTX 5000 series?

Maybe Nvidia thinks 'Super' RTX 4000 series cards are more profitable / economical, at least until 2025?

4/5 nm GPUs are already quite costly to produce, at least according to Nvidia.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom