• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

We are hitting MSRP on 4070 Super on a few select cards, so I hope we can do similar on 4070Ti Super and 4080 Super yes, of course it will be entry cards, your not going to see the likes of a Strix or Suprim anywhere near MSRP because they are not MSRP products.

Understandable cheers, as long as the cooling is adequate but not ramping up and sounding like a jet engine i'll buy!

I'm remembering the MSI 1070 Quicksilver I bought, £385 new, plus a game which I sold for £20, so £365 effective cost.

Cracking card, had it almost five years and sold it for £285 ( :eek: ) during the GPU madness.

Yeah, the good old days. Well we both probably go back way more than that and hence 1070 not seeming that long ago.

I think it was around that time I bought a Radeon R9 Nano from LtMatt and a few months later sold it to a miner for double the price :cry:

Still no show from AMD side, no price drops or anything. You'd think they'd drop the price of the 7800xt before launch to steal some thunder.

Guess they really have given up.

Last edited:
That's good news, still showing as the regular price on their official store though.

Can't tell if they cut the price of the 7800xt as well, its showing as £473.

Needs to be £450 or less tbh which is the price I paid at launch after selling starfield.

Meh, 6700XT still holding up well even at 4K, if i'm realistic with some settings, doesn't alter my enjoyment of the games much if at all.

Probably now passing on the 7800XT and just waiting for EOL 7900XT or just waiting another 18 months to 5 years for AMD to launch a card which fits my needs.

:cry:

Yes i am still only on a 3070 8 vram but the 4070 super only having 12gb vram is really putting me of the card , if i get the card feels like getting the 3070 all over again with low vram ..

Don't do it, 12Gb is the new 8GB, there's no way anyone should be spending that much on a 12GB card in 2024, or even 2023 for that matter.

Should have been a 16gb card, would have been such a compelling deal at that price point. I'm sure a lot of people would have jumped on that.

It's interesting that, whilst on the 3090 and Titans before it, 24GB felt like a ludicrously excessive amount of VRAM, the 4090 was the first card where it actually felt more like "sensible future-proofing"

Back
Top Bottom