• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

I'm glad i kicked the habit of having to have the latest gpu, i done it for many years but my 3080 is still serving me very well, must be my longest serving gpu.
same here 3080 fe for £649 and that was during the peak helps I rarely play nowadays but still fine for me at 1440p will see what 50 series brings and if anything is worth the jump my rule has always been sticking to the £600-£700 mark and its not changing , but seeing people buying the still over priced 4080 super it isnt gonna get any better imo

same here 3080 fe for £649 and that was during the peak helps I rarely play nowadays but still fine for me at 1440p will see what 50 series brings and if anything is worth the jump my rule has always been sticking to the £600-£700 mark and its not changing , but seeing people buying the still over priced 4080 super it isnt gonna get any better imo

£600-700 is now Nvidia '70 class cards and that ain't gonna change with the 5 series.

4090 is 30-35% faster in raster and 40-50% faster in RT, TPU tested the 4090 with a 5800X and never updated relative performance chart.

For me as a 3080 owner £1000 for a 50% upgrade vs £1600 for a 100% upgrade still makes the 4080S trash at anything above £800.
Well, look at Super review, is with an Intel 14900

There isn't that much of a difference between them usually.

That makes a second point: you need a more expensive PC for 4090, ergo the final price being even higher vs 4080

LE: "We retest all our comparison cards every few months, with the latest drivers, new games, patches and OS updates."

2023-11-19: RTX 4080 16 GB

So is relatively new, but you can also see in the regular tests there isn't much of a difference between vanila 4080 and the rest.

Last edited:
I'm glad i kicked the habit of having to have the latest gpu, i done it for many years but my 3080 is still serving me very well, must be my longest serving gpu.
I feel ya and I always ended up disappointed anyway because there were always games that didn't run like I would expect on a top dog GPU which were why I always bought them.. to be able to run anything at high framerate. Glad the FOMO is out of the system.

I was bored, thought I'd see what this card could do!

image.jpg

2.jpg

Stock at top, CURVE/500Mem bottom! - Also I really don't care about people saying there's no point to overclocking the 4080 super, I did anyway hah

Not too much worry about that if it's still using a Zen 2 CPU as rumoured. It will be quite CPU bottlenecked.
Developers managed to perform miracles with those horrific Jaguar cores in the PS4 and Xbone. Playing AAA games on a 1.6GHz CPU with (significantly) sub-Sandy Bridge IPC on PC would have been completely out of the question even at the time. Zen 2 is so far beyond those things, and studios put in way more effort to optimise and make things multi-threaded on console to work around the relative lack of single-threaded performance. I'd guess the CPUs in the PS5 Pro/XSXXX will get a clock speed bump too like the last enhanced machines did. A 3700X will still get you a locked 60fps in just about any game out there on PC, which is usually the maximum consoles target for heavier games (and it's often 30fps).

Sure, they're not going to come anywhere near a high-end PC, but nobody buying one will expect it to. I think a lot of people are sick and tired of the pricing situation around PC hardware and the constant awful PC ports that run like garbage on said overpriced hardware, and don't want to deal with it any more. Even on here I've seen that sentiment every now and then. I'd never go back to console personally, but then I barely play new games anyway.

Back
Top Bottom