• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

I remember when the 30 series FE cards were released and I had a 3090- couldn’t stop admiring it and ended up not playing games until I’d got over the beauty of the card! :D

The first game that really wow'd me with a new GPU was Ratchet and Clank! It's been sat in my two be finished pile for a year! It was always dropping frames on the 3070 ti even with DLSS and I just had enough and put it aside. Now however I'm playing it every night since I got my GPU! Did try to enjoy Cyberpunk, but since completing it last year, the DLC isn't really doing anything for me other than ooo eye candy-stops playing.

The first game that really wow'd me with a new GPU was Ratchet and Clank! It's been sat in my two be finished pile for a year! It was always dropping frames on the 3070 ti even with DLSS and I just had enough and put it aside. Now however I'm playing it every night since I got my GPU! Did try to enjoy Cyberpunk, but since completing it last year, the DLC isn't really doing anything for me other than ooo eye candy-stops playing.
That’s the main thing- glad you jumped on the 4080S- you could end up waiting till next year BUT it’s a whole 1yr of your precious life that you wouldn’t have got back and missed out playing and enjoying games. Enjoy

That’s the main thing- glad you jumped on the 4080S- you could end up waiting till next year BUT it’s a whole 1yr of your precious life that you wouldn’t have got back and missed out playing and enjoying games. Enjoy

Agreed!

Besides even if I waited another year my 4080 super isn't exactly a slouch either, especially with it being overclocked. Even sold my 3070 TI just days after buying the 4080 super, bringing the price down from £1000 to £700 :eek:

Last edited:
Agreed!

Besides even if I waited another year my 4080 super isn't exactly a slouch either, especially with it being overclocked. Even sold my 3070 TI just days after buying the 4080 super, bringing the price down from £1000 to £700 :eek:

how much was the 3070ti some well overpaid for 30 series cards I remember

Developers managed to perform miracles with those horrific Jaguar cores in the PS4 and Xbone. Playing AAA games on a 1.6GHz CPU with (significantly) sub-Sandy Bridge IPC on PC would have been completely out of the question even at the time. Zen 2 is so far beyond those things, and studios put in way more effort to optimise and make things multi-threaded on console to work around the relative lack of single-threaded performance. I'd guess the CPUs in the PS5 Pro/XSXXX will get a clock speed bump too like the last enhanced machines did. A 3700X will still get you a locked 60fps in just about any game out there on PC, which is usually the maximum consoles target for heavier games (and it's often 30fps).

Sure, they're not going to come anywhere near a high-end PC, but nobody buying one will expect it to. I think a lot of people are sick and tired of the pricing situation around PC hardware and the constant awful PC ports that run like garbage on said overpriced hardware, and don't want to deal with it any more. Even on here I've seen that sentiment every now and then. I'd never go back to console personally, but then I barely play new games anyway.

At least they run like garbage on cheap hardware (consoles) :))

Downloads Kingdom Come: Deliverance, installs and loads it up.... Oh this is running amazing on my 4080, but damn it's still as BORING as ever with those long travel load times

Uninstalls

Ah well :cry:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom