• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Cex is earning money on that business so it's not that these cards will find a buyer for that price.
I only found out about it by chance as he was one of my brothers mates, he’s doing an all white system so it’s now surplus to requirements.

Going to pick it up this weekend.

You can use Paypal if you want.

From the NVIDIA website, add the card to basket. Then delete the part of the URL after the '.co.uk' and press enter. The card will still be in the basket and you have the full suite of payment and delivery options, you can login to your account, add additional items to the basket, etc.

Managed to get someone to send me a picture of card details so all good, did not know that about the URL though. And it was actually through the company that rhymes with spam :D

My mind is blown actually, from both 4070S FE and 4080S FE being available. Two best cooler/price combos at this point, genuinely tempting buy even if I don't need an upgrade

Either stock is really high, which I doubt. Or demand is REALLY low

My mind is blown actually, from both 4070S FE and 4080S FE being available. Two best cooler/price combos at this point, genuinely tempting buy even if I don't need an upgrade

Prices aren't bad and i do like the FE coolers, but it is a bit of a stab in the eye for Nvidia's partners.

I still think the 4070 / Super is too expensive, the 4070 none Super is £50 more than the 7800XT and the Super £100 more.

Huge demand? Lol

It is well over priced. 4080 was a £799 card at most on release imo.

No, it was a £1200 card on release. Dreaming about what you think it should have cost is irrelevant.

It offers 75% of the performance of a 4090 for 60% of the cost. Seems reasonable value to me, at least within the context of other 40-series cards.

Huge demand? Lol

It is well over priced. 4080 was a £799 card at most on release imo.
This.

NV has all the data from 30 series sales, they know 3070s sold for over £900, 10gb 3080s went at £1500+ at retail, they want as much of that extra scalped cash as they can get.

Problem they have is there's no lockdown or mining this gen and the majority that bought through COVID/mining are not upgraders.

Problem we have though is NV probably only need to sell (for example) 2 GPUs at the higher pricing to create the same profit as 3 GPUs would make at the lower price.

AMD are copying NV's lead except they're just as overpriced as well but on lower pp's.

No, it was a £1200 card on release. Dreaming about what you think it should have cost is irrelevant.

It offers 75% of the performance of a 4090 for 60% of the cost. Seems reasonable value to me, at least within the context of other 40-series cards.
Clearly the market disagrees with you as it's been relaunched 100% due to crap sales.

Btw, you used to get new gen increases of 50 to 100% at the same pp of the outgoing series.

Btw, you used to get new gen increases of 50 to 100% at the same pp of the outgoing series.

No, we didn't.

980 -> 1080: 51% perf increase for 9% more money (38% FPS/$ increase)
1080 -> 2080: 39% perf increase for 17% more money (19%)
2080 -> 3080: 63% perf increase for same money (63%)
3080 -> 4080S: 49% perf increase for 43% more money (4%)
(TPU figures, USD MSRPs)

Yes, the 4080 looks crap but only because of the 3080 which offered a big boost but at an MSRP that was virtually unachievable.

If we change the MSRP of the 3080 from $699 to $849, which is a far more realistic value, then it looks like this:

980 -> 1080: 51% perf increase for 9% more money (38% FPS/$ increase)
1080 -> 2080: 39% perf increase for 17% more money (19%)
2080 -> 3080: 63% perf increase for 21% more money (35%)
3080 -> 4080S: 49% perf increase for 18% more money (26%)

Basically it's the 3080 that makes the 4080 look crap because it was too good/cheap.

You can see the same thing with the 1080Ti, a card that was also too good:

1080Ti -> 2080Ti: 31% perf increase for 43% more money (8% FPS/$ reduction)

Unless people have access to sales/inventory data people can only guess which is fine but what some people are doing drawing conclusions on not having all of the information and constantly trying to present them as reasons why xxx card(s) is not selling.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom