• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Save your money and in possibly as little as 9 months to a year at most you’ll get a much larger upgrade, higher bandwidth with GDDR7, improved FG which by then will be in more games and no doubt some new exclusive 50 series features.

I think a lot of the people jumping on these supers now will be kicking themselves later on as refreshes have never tended to fare well in the long run.
Yeah supers/refreshes are a trap and always were, but again if someone wants it now why wait. Lots of things may happen in 9 months.

I think a lot of the people jumping on these supers now will be kicking themselves later on as refreshes have never tended to fare well in the long run.

Well I was told to wait for the 4080's, I did... I was told to wait for the supers, I did. Now being told to wait for the 5000s? When does it end? I needed it to play the games I wanted to play right now, not a year later :cry:

Well I was told to wait for the 4080's, I did... I was told to wait for the supers, I did. Now being told to wait for the 5000s? When does it end? I needed it to play the games I wanted to play right now, not a year later :cry:
I could understand that argument if you were on an older GTX 980/1060 etc but a 3070ti which you paid £400 for off MM so bought fairly recent and isn't a particularly slow card while if you needed more performance then the 3080's wouldn't have been much more.

I could understand that argument if you were on an older GTX 980/1060 etc but a 3070ti which you paid £400 for off MM so bought fairly recent and isn't a particularly slow card while if you needed more performance then the 3080's wouldn't have been much more.

Sold for £300 ;)

It was slow in...

Ratchet and Clank RT ( Needed the FG mod )
The Witcher 3 RT ( Needed the FG mod )
Alan Wake 3 - RT
Skyrim Ultra Modded hits the VRAM wall

etc

Look at it this way, what ever money you have set aside for a RTX 4000 series card can be set aside and added to so you will have a bigger budget for an RTX 5000 card.
So you may miss some gaming performance now, but in the long term you will have an even better gaming experience with perhaps a card that is a tier above what you normally buy, or you have money as well for a new CPU or other upgrades.

Look at it this way, what ever money you have set aside for a RTX 4000 series card can be set aside and added to so you will have a bigger budget for an RTX 5000 card.
So you may miss some gaming performance now, but in the long term you will have an even better gaming experience with perhaps a card that is a tier above what you normally buy, or you have money as well for a new CPU or other upgrades.

My next upgrade is going to be a full system bundle ( Cpu/motherboard/Psu/Ram ) as this system will be put in the other one for when I visit the family. I'm really happy with this 4000 to be honest, and even overclocked too!
Every night I've been playing Ratchet and Clank Ultra something I've held back since it first came out :(

Last edited:
Have there been any restocks of the 4090FE in the last few months? I'd like a second but feels like they're almost EOL or something.
They're not eol they just hardly drop FE's for sale to keep pricing high.

Also unless NV policy has changed(1 GPU per customer), you'll need to use a different account, payment and address to get a second one.

4070 super FE back in stock
let the fomo rush begin :D
giphy.gif

I have read this thread for what feels like months but it actually - checks calendar - is months and I think the upshot of all of it - and let's ignore the humbugs, joxeon's and nexus' of this world because Jesus Christ, you boys sure are made up of spare parts, bud - is that at some point you have to make a decision. Now that decision might be "I'm just going to make chirps about Red/Green" and it might be "what should I do with my money, if anything at all?" and a whole pile of things that sit around those angles. Or do nothing. And then chirp about when the next one comes out and - you see the cycle.

Today I sold my 3060 Ti for NZD $489 (230 quid or so?) and bought a 4070 Super for $1189. I'd bought that 3060 Ti for $1299 in August 2021. The delta isn't really important. Looking forward to having a new card, getting some use of it, selling it, and buying a new one in a few years.

Last edited:
I have read this thread for what feels like months but it actually - checks calendar - is months and I think the upshot of all of it - and let's ignore the humbugs, joxeon's and nexus' of this world because Jesus Christ, you boys sure are made up of spare parts, bud - is that at some point you have to make a decision. Now that decision might be "I'm just going to make chirps about Red/Green" and it might be "what should I do with my money, if anything at all?" and a whole pile of things that sit around those angles. Or do nothing. And then chirp about when the next one comes out and - you see the cycle.

Today I sold my 3060 Ti for NZD $489 (230 quid or so?) and bought a 4070 Super for $1189. I'd bought that 3060 Ti for $1299 in August 2021. The delta isn't really important. Looking forward to having a new card, getting some use of it, selling it, and buying a new one in a few years.
Good for you bud. That’s makes 2 of us then as I’ve just snagged a 4090 for the equivalent 2066 of your dingo dollars.

So you are saying play games at sub 30fps now, wait 4+ years between upgrades all so you can gain some unneeded speed in 12+ months from a 5xxx card that won't be any real benefit over a 4080super any time soon. That's how I see it. Better to upgrade now and enjoy games now then skip the 5xxx card. If a new game comes out in a future that needs more speed then upgrade to a 5000 or 5xxxx super as needed.

Upgrades should be best based on the games you are playing now. If you have the money and have games that need performance now, we are not better off long term waiting. With new games like Alan Wake 2 I found the 3080 is no longer enough. Now is the time to upgrade for me. Not when the 4080 first version came out, not when the 5000 comes out, now is the point I benefit from upgrading.

Waiting for the next generation or perfect moment to upgrade is a trap. Its a never ending chase as there is always something better around the corner.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom