• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Your not meant to run at the limit all the time no. However each unit has a sweet spot of efficiency, if you check the manual or the graph on the side. Better quality ones will have less losses so if you plan to run the machine 24/7 better over the long term.

I was going to say that too, all PSUs have a different efficiency curve and also depends on the wattage of said psu too and 80 plus rating it falls under.

Last edited:
Do you please have a source I can read for this statement that running a PSU at higher percentages is harmful?

Don't listen to that, it's anecdotal - it's like saying running a CPU at 90c is harmful. Like a CPU is designed to even run at 95c, a 850w PSU can run at 850w and even a bit higher than that and will do so for many years no problem.

Running a PSU at 60% is where it's most efficient - meaning that the percentage of power it takes from the wall and can convert to output for your PC components is at its highest and going above 60% load, that's efficiency drops but this doesn't hurt or damage the PSU, it can and will run at 100% load no problem

Truth. Decent models are rated and tested at (simulated) 100% for years.
I meant mainly for efficiency and quietness as with my current PSU, its fan is barely on and runs cool

And although PSU's can run at 100% for years and years, its not that they will fail but its proven in every PSU test that ripple increases and voltage varies the closer a PSU gets to 100% load.

Personally I always aim for 60% load max with my PSU choice.

But hey thats just me

Leaked picture of Lenovo RTX 4090 Legion graphic cards with triple slot & triple fans measured 14 inch or 335.6mm length used for pre-build Lenovo Legion PCs

RvfOCvY.jpg

Oof! That would be 1 inch into my reservoir. I'd have to reroute and change my pump and reservoir for that to fit. Is that 14 inches PCB or heatsink?

It looks like 14 inches of heatsink. https://cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content...raphics-Card-Lenovo-Legion-Gaming-PC-Leak.jpg

PCB ends at the power connector. A waterblock would make that a lot shorter. Maybe 11 or 12 inches?

Last edited:
I can recommend those adjustable gpu holder stands for normal sized cards, let alone anything like those 4090s. Card sag should be a criminal offence given how bad it looks.

Last edited:
I can recommend those adjustable gpu holder stands for normal sized cards, let alone anything like those 4090s. Card sag should be a criminal offence given how bad it looks.

I love the fact one came with the 011XL. It connects to the case through the motherboard mounts. Then you can adjust the supports. It hidden out of the way.

Back
Top Bottom