• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

f58501160f1c71fe019e19739f3d6034cd259e5fd4bb0a9e60ddf67572f6b541.jpg

Pay double now for double the performance in a "next generation" that doesn't exist now. Reminds me of 2000 series.

Last edited:
Sometimes I get the feeling of scrapping PC gaming altogether, buying a tiny little notebook and playing console, but I know if I do that I will miss the input of mouse and keyboard and the other genres (Lack thereof).
Sell my huge Steam account cheaply on one of those steam account sites and vanish.

Last edited:
I don't understand why anyone would want DLSS3. The game engine will still render at the lower framerate, so physics and input will make it look like there is additional latency.

The whole point of VRR and why it works well is to sync everything up.

Last edited:
This is a tough pill to swallow though at $1600. To be fair 23fps isn't exactly playable.

Oh for sure, i was just really observing that there is indeed a 2-3 fold improvement in FPS over what a 3090 would be getting at the same settings and it just shows how far away we still are from running the heaviest RT games at native 4K without the help of faux resolution solutions like DLSS.

My wallet is ready :)

4070 is looking to be good especially if they price at <£550 but does look like the 80 will be king for bang per buck again if they can keep it <£700. Given how much 3090s are going for now, I'm expecting second hand 3080s to be going for 300-400 come announcement/release of the 4070 and 4080, might hold onto my 3080 for a bit longer in case the shortage of gpus happens again and prices go back up :p

Christ alive this was world class delusion in retrospect.

I fully suspect that DLSS 3 is not locked full time to 40 series, but is a timed exclusive for the time that 40 series remains at these high prices. As someone mentioned earlier, once the backlog of 30 series stock has sold, we may see some updates....

You’re paying all that money for the hardware and then use software to boost frame rates. At those prices, you would think you wouldn’t need it!
It's a combo of hardware and software. Otherwise you'd see DLSS etc working perfectly on 1080 cards and stuff. The dedicated AI cores are needed for this to work, and software handles the workload.

A lot of people are assuming they just renamed the 4070 TI. This was apparently from the rumours before:

unknown.png

If I wanted to be cynical, I think after the stock issues they realised they priced their cards too low and wanted to increase them. They also realised people probably wouldn't want to pay so much for a GPU with a xx70 in the name. Thus we have the two 4080s, with the added benefit of duping people who don't read the small print that it has less cuda cores.

The chart Jenson showed did indeed have the 4090 at 450 watts, now i believe those 600 Watt + rumours for the halo card. Which is about as crazy as the prices. 600 Watts? My newfangled ceramic lounge heater is 600 watts.

Last edited:
Prices are more than I thought they would be + 3rd party cards will be even higher.

It is also a shame they don't give direct comparison and just slides with DLSS turned on.

I was going to buy one on launch, now seriously not convinced.

Re: Cyberpunk - at 4k with no DLSS and HDR + max settings and Ultra RT (not Psycho) on, I get around 26fps driving around Night City during the day (3090Ti) - it's not an apples-to-apples comparison though 'cause nVidia was using an unreleased build to demo the 4090.

Last edited:
Re: Cyberpunk - at 4k with no DLSS and HDR + max settings and Ultra RT (not Psycho) on I get around 26fps driving around Night City during the day - it's not an apples-to-apples comparison though 'cause nVidia was using an unreleased build to demo the 4090.
It makes sense though, CDProjektRed shilling with Nvidia with an early build to make up for the sheer incompetence and laziness and lies they themselves did with that game, like peas in a pod. Low pickings.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom