• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

So now the dust has settled we've got a 4090 for $100 more than a 3090, a 4080 for $200 more than a 3080, and a 4070 renamed to a 4080 12GB for $300 more than a 3070.

Last edited:
My reply had little to do with perceived value. It had mostly to do with the fact that you're looking to pre-order a card before official retailer pricing has been announced, before any benchmarks have been shown publicly, before any raster performance or non-DLSS performance has been seen and before any announcement or benchmarks from AMD regarding their RDNA3 performance.

Preordering a 4090 right now is absolutely stupid, regardless of personal circumstances.
That's your subjective view. I personally don't think that my 3090 Ti provides what I consider satisfactory performance in a number of games, so I am happy to spend £1000 for a performance increase, even with diminishing returns.
Is the 4090 going to be faster than the 3090 Ti? If the answer is yes, than it's good enough for me. As for RDNA3, I really don't want to wait for it.

FdHOpbJaIAActus

There's a lot of vitriol flying around for Nvidia right now so rather than pushing people onto 3000 series cards it could turn into a boycott of all their products.

lol @ the ASUS TUF 2.99 slot cooler. Good shout though, beefy coolers will mean no issues cooler these monsters.
But it's all relative, these cards use more power, so gen more heat, so need bigger coolers to offload that heat. Could well be they still stay just as hot as 30xx lol out of the box.

Good for undervolting though

There's a lot of vitriol flying around for Nvidia right now so rather than pushing people onto 3000 series cards it could turn into a boycott of all their products.
Nah. People will beach and moan, but most are not even paying attention and will buy all the same. As their favourite influencers promote the product they'll happily bite the bait. AMD could have a chance but I don't hear them making the necessary orders from TSMC, so they'll likely just sell whatever's left after they fulfil CPU & HPC orders. I don't think RDNA 3 will be that pivotal moment when the tide turns, they're just not gearing up like needed for such a fight + the macro-economic conditions aren't ideal for it either.

Not to worry, "With a quality power supply in place (like our ROG Thor 1200P2), you should have no problem driving this beast of a graphics card"... £300 PSU got you covered :D

After reading all the discussion on prices, I honestly misread a line on that page... "All of this comes with the same high-end price ROG Strix cards are known for." (original is "features")

Where's the PCIe cable connectors on this? The opposite end of the card to the video ports or are they just not shown on the renders?

They'll have to start designing mobs with the GPU slots at the bottom so they can rest against the power supply. :D Or maybe the case manufacturers can come up with some form of structural support.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom