• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Crazy prices on the 4080 class cards, but as I've said about CPU's it is much easier to lower a price than increase one after the fact.

£649 3080 10GB FE vs £1269 4080 16GB, seems they've regressed to Turing pricing, but dropped the Ti moniker.

Got to wonder what the second user pricing on the 3090 is, and have they priced the new cards to allow the old stock to shift at a price to performance people are willing to accept, seems like a great marketing move. Roll on 3rd November and RDNA3, maybe another $999 RX7900 on the cards.

yeah its RDNA3 for me this time. seeing these prices doesnt fill me with any confidence that the 70 series is going to be any better

AMD will have a great opportunity to strike a huge blow this year with this sort of pricing as long as they're not insane like Nvidia.

Imagine we get Radeon 7800 XT at £650 and then 7900 XT at £799. Nvidia will have to drop prices massively or they get annihilated, and AMD won't be supply constrained like last gen.

AMD will have a great opportunity to strike a huge blow this year with this sort of pricing as long as they're not insane like Nvidia.

Imagine we get Radeon 7800 XT at £650 and then 7900 XT at £799. Nvidia will have to drop prices massively or they get annihilated, and AMD won't be supply constrained like last gen.

Would be great, assuming the performance is there with it. Those prices are a good £50-£100 off due to the weak pound though.

Can you imagine…. Would be a massacre

I don’t think AMD will go all in for value but at the same time let’s hope they are cheaper than this (which I think they will be). If the 7900 has 24GB vram and is 50% faster at the same power draw over the 6900/50 with much improved RT performance, they could still have a superb card on their hands for circa 1k. Especially given where the 16GB 4080 is priced.

Last edited:
AMD should do it and get mind and market share up. 15% is just bad and it won’t improve much with their we are a premium brand strategy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom