• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Yeah, if they match Nvidia's performance and continue with last gen pricing. That will increase their market share quite considerably.

Lets just hope they have RT performance matching ampere or beating it as if it still looses, it will be a big fat meh from me unless it is priced extremely well i.e. £600-700 for a 7800xt.... couldn't care less about rasterization now.

Last edited:
Yeah, if they match Nvidia's performance and continue with last gen pricing. That will increase their market share quite considerably.

I can’t see it though sadly. At best £100 cheaper and 4GB extra which is still way too much.

7800 XT that is 40-50% better than a 6800 XT as expected at £749 will get my money. But cannot see it.

I can’t see it though sadly. At best £100 cheaper and 4GB extra which is still way too much.

7800 XT that is 40-50% better than a 6800 XT as expected at £749 will get my money. But cannot see it.

If we get that 7800 XT, I will come to AMD for the first time since 2009.

Nvidia is doomed on this gen. This is literally history repeating itself. Pascal to Turing with mining boom during Pascal.

But Nvidia decided to really up the crapper scale by having ridiculously high prices - it’s almost like they don’t want to sell anything!

There is a very significant difference this time though.... the actual performance. Aside from the 2080Ti which was a meagre ~30ish% faster than a 1080Ti (for a massive premium) the other turing cards were basically EQUIVALENT performance just with raytracing bolted on. That was the (bad) joke. That is not the case this time. The performance uplift is significant, but you're going to pay for it.
AMD will have a great opportunity to strike a huge blow this year with this sort of pricing as long as they're not insane like Nvidia.

Imagine we get Radeon 7800 XT at £650 and then 7900 XT at £799. Nvidia will have to drop prices massively or they get annihilated, and AMD won't be supply constrained like last gen.
I'm not sure I believe in that fantasy of AMD riding in wearing the white cowboy hat to save the day anymore. I suppose its possible, their 6900XT MSRP was nicely discounted vs the 3090 until the pandemic made MSRPs irrelevant (and priced 6900XT's shoulder to shoulder with the 3090's). Maybe nvidia would even respond to that. We didnt get to see how nvidia would have responded to the 6900XT in a non-pandemic world.

£949 for a RTX 4080 FE 12GB? Wow.

Suppose they've still got RTX 3000 series cards to sell...

RDNA 3 looks suddenly quite interesting. Probably don't need to upgrade my card at all though.

Last edited:
unknown.png

I'm not sure I believe in that fantasy of AMD riding in wearing the white cowboy hat to save the day anymore. I suppose its possible, their 6900XT MSRP was nicely discounted vs the 3090 until the pandemic made MSRPs irrelevant (and priced 6900XT's shoulder to shoulder with the 3090's). Maybe nvidia would even respond to that. We didnt get to see how nvidia would have responded to the 6900XT in a non-pandemic world.

The thing is as well, lots of people said nvidia had to price ampere competitively because of rdna 2, if true...... does that mean that nvidia know rdna 3 isn't going to be competitive hence the price hike? Or maybe nvidia are just trying to get as many sales with high margins in before before rdna 3 is announced then they'll slash the prices but if they do that..... they will **** of all the people who are going to buy 40xx between now and then, not that that will be many people though :cry:

Back
Top Bottom