• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

I did see in one of the videos that the cable that goes in to the 4090 FE is pretty stiff for a bit, which means I’m not sure if I’ll be able to mount it upright as I think where it bends will be too long for my evo.
Can confirm I have some of the new ATX 3.0 12+4pin cables and around 80mm at either end of the cable is incredibly stiff.

Is the card runs 50c in cyberpunk then why the mammoth heatsink....

I bet nvidia have just moved the sensor away from the core

The lower the temperatures, the lower the power consumption. Also makes for a quieter card having such large and well engineered thermal solutions.

Can confirm I have some of the new ATX 3.0 12+4pin cables and around 80mm at either end of the cable is incredibly stiff.
Thanks for confirming that mate, I really do appreciate it. It does indeed look like I won’t be able to mount this upright.

It will be +50% in worst cases and 70-80% in best cases. Just look at shader/clock specs mate
that feels about right, then you could see 2Xplus in DLSS 3 but that is very nebulous great if your chosen games support it.

RDNA3 N31 however is looking much more like 2X based off of specs alone, but weaker on the niche RT and DLSS heavy cases. I honestly think N31 could beat the 4090 in the majority of cases and I say that as a 3080 owner before anyone wants to chuk around bias creeping in.

Sounds like this cable is crying out for an aftermarket 'L' version.
Holding the new 12+4 cables from my ATX 3.0 Thermaltake PSU box they really have barely any give in them. In my O11D XL even the smallest 4090 the Gigabyte 360 AIO version of 140mm height will require me to really use some force to bend this cable at the end to fit with the side panel.

IMG-2114.jpg

IMG-2113.jpg

Wow that's actually pretty insane, I guess I'm going to have to vertically mount it, 100%, I don't think that's going to bend before hitting my side panel of my o11 evo, or it will be very tight.
Maybe it is just a thing with Thermaltake's cables, there is a video De Bauer put out and his 600W cable looks more plyable. Around the 10:41 mark below:

70-80% faster.
do you think that will be on 4k using DLSS 2.(older games) or 4k using DLSS 3.0, Also i suppose it will be better on 1440p

I cant remember the last time a new gen had this much of a gap, I mean when turing and ampere were just releasing there were the same assumptions on performance gains.

Holding the new 12+4 cables from my ATX 3.0 Thermaltake PSU box they really have barely any give in them. In my O11D XL even the smallest 4090 the Gigabyte 360 AIO version of 140mm height will require me to really use some force to bend this cable at the end to fit with the side panel.

I'm wondering if they'd bend more easily with that sleeving removed? If someone was feeling brave they could cut that off, (hopefully) bend it as required, and then replace with heat-shrink tubing.

I
Why would you buy a 4090 ahead of getting the VR headset? If you want to get into VR, get the VR headset. Then if you find your 3090 really cant cope... get the 4090?
Just seems bizarre to me to be buying a GPU at £2k, for something you havent started doing yet? The VR headsets aren't cheap... why not spend this cash on those?

I get the people who are so flush with cash, buying a 4090 isnt really an issue as the 'value for money' part isnt relevant.
But actually saving up to buy one? Seems crazy to me. Surely there are much better things to buy that improve your gaming experience for that money?
New Monitor / Speakers / Keyboard / Mouse / Desk / Chair or how about a boat load of games?

Once the 4090 is in, and you have run your benchmarks and got yourself on TROH, you still have the same games to play as before. While its always exciting getting a new bit of tech, at this price the maths are hard to make work imo if you are saving up for it. That £2k saved could bring you far more smiles in other ways Id argue...
IM not like that I've NEVER done TROH that's not me I just enjoy gaming ..

IMG-2114.jpg

IMG-2113.jpg
Gets my vote for the next fairy liquid hand model.

Prob a stupid question but if mounting vertically so you still need a anti sag mount/stick/string.

Also, anyone with the below? Would a card bigger than 3 slots actually fit?

-edit- in case anyone else is wondering I saw Lian Li post on reddit in regards to this

Mod
Your card is 4-slot wide but the mounting bracket is only 3 slots. It will fit on the vertical kit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom