• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Excuse my stupidity, but this only has two power connections from the PSU - the Nvidia adaptor looks to want 4?
It is only for a Corsair PSU and will vary the power depending on which PSU you have:

The new power modular cable is backwards compatible with all current CORSAIR Type-4 full modular power supply devices. A single cable may offer up to 600W of power, and when linked to a 1200W or higher CORSAIR power supply unit, full power of 600W can be given. Furthermore, power supply units of 1000W or more can be supplied with up to 450W, while models of 750W or more can be supplied with up to 300W.

For those getting a 40x series, these are obviously big ol’ things, how do you plan to support them in the case? They all seem to be 3.5/4 slot, most of the vertical mounts support 3slot and I’m a little conscious about slotting these into the mobo without any kind of support
They come with dark obelisk to support the chonker of a card

Excuse my stupidity, but this only has two power connections from the PSU - the Nvidia adaptor looks to want 4?

No worries, I think the 4 on the nvidia adapter is mainly for redundancy and failsafe. Especially if the PSU rails are lacklustre.

That Corsair specific one connects directly to the PSU and if supported by the PSU the 8pin outputs (same pinouts as the CPU EPS12V) are rated for over 300 watts so only two are required.

Back
Top Bottom