• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

I have seen a few comments on people not sure about buying AIO versions because they are worried they won’t be able to sell them in a couple of years. How long do the AIO coolers last compared to standard fans?

Last edited:
Basically an FE 4090 if prices hold at the MSRP Nvidia gave us and a water block = £2k... what a joke. We all know they will end up being hard to get and the AIB prices are made up and will all end up over £2k and £2.5K for any decent model.

The Nvidia fake msrp games again and the fake shortages coming soon to make sure you buy the AIBs. ..fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, comes to mind..

Yeah the FE will be difficult to get as seems a lot are going to be after it , lets hope they have been stocking up :cry: Price wise the FE with a stock EK block is coming in at £1856 or £1966 with the Active backplate .... both quite a bit cheaper than some the AIB prices going round :D I will just hold out till i get an FE at msrp , im not paying over the odds just to get my hands on one as i don't need it that badly :o

So what are they cooling on the backplate? Seems ridiculous if there isn't any memory there. Its made my decision for me though.

Will be some random small chips and the back of the die but the main cooling of the die and memory is all done by the front section , the active back plate on these will do like 5% of total cooling imo BUT it does look a lot better for sure:D

Last edited:
Trouble is these will have upto 500/600W going through them, which is pretty much unknown territory right now! Just get as long a warranty as you can get, you may need it...
I was slightly tempted before but the information I have seen says the FE keeps around 50c at full load so you would expect the AIBs to be even better. As it runs cool anyway the AIO cooling is most likely not needed and for an extra 700 against the FE price it’s is a ridiculous price proposition.

Basically an FE 4090 if prices hold at the MSRP Nvidia gave up and a water block = £2k... what a joke. We all know they will end up being hard to get and the AIB prices are made up and will all end up over £2k and £2.5K for any decent model.

The Nvidia fake msrp games again and the fake shortages coming soon to make sure you buy the AIBs. ..fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, comes to mind..
Jensens itinerary.

Make only one decent GPU out of the 3 and price it reasonably compared to last gen while pricing the 4080 cards really bad so the 4090 also looks like a much better deal.

Now that everyone only wants the 4090 create FOMO with a fake shortage.

Jack up the prices which many will still pay as they're desperate not to miss out after spending the last few weeks fantasising about their new GPU.

The ones that are priced out or refuse to pay more now view the cheaper 4080s as a good deal after the 4090 hikes.

Leave the rest scrapping over the rtx3000 leftovers.

Tell shareholders 67% margins are back!

I was slightly tempted before but the information I have seen says the FE keeps around 50c at full load so you would expect the AIBs to be even better. As it runs cool anyway the AIO cooling is most likely not needed and for an extra 700 against the FE price it’s is a ridiculous price proposition.

There is no way on earth the FE is hitting max 50c at full load. Wait for reviews to get the reality of this as you will find the truth is very different from the clickbait.

Agree but if the beast is not able to fit in a case or you need to squeeze into a suffocated space then AIO should be that option?

I mean my 3090FE is quite massive, luckily I have a spacious case. Keeping it cool in the summer is harder so if you don't have excellent airflow your card will be using high rpm which is when the noise kicks in (other than more heat in the room).

Last edited:
Anyone seen the size of the strix 4090?! It's not much smaller than a ps5!!!

It looks like a massive ugly metal box. Like some kind of meme. A GPU for giant people, basically comical

Anyone seen the size of the strix 4090?! It's not much smaller than a ps5!!!

It looks like a massive ugly metal box. Like some kind of meme. A GPU for giant people, basically comical

I kind of like the scheme, however it needs to be scaled down by about 50%. That is way too bulky and it only uses two case slots on the bracket lol. Talk about reusing other models designs, how lazy.

I reckon this to be false, maybe at full fanspeed outside of a case and in a temperature controlled environment yes, but in a case with decent airflow I'd expect 65/70c easily.

They will all be singing this once they get one and stick it into their case not designed for such a high power device in it and summer time they will realise the reality (coming from a guy with dual 3090's in a very large case that is well cooled and cards run at safe temps but the room in summer is another matter)...

They will all be singing this once they get one and stick it into their case not designed for such a high power device in it and summer time they will realise the reality (coming from a guy with dual 3090's in a very large case that is well cooled and cards run at safe temps but the room in summer is another matter)...

Summertime , PC stays cool ... me on the other hand :o :eek: 30+ deg ambiant temp outside and then put on a 650w+ spaceheater :cry:

Summertime , PC stays cool ... me on the other hand :o :eek: 30+ deg ambiant temp outside and then put on a 650w+ spaceheater :cry:

But some like it ...

This summer even my reptiles and tropical fish tanks were upset how warm it was in the house, to the point I had to stick bottles of ice in the tanks.. Reality is we are heading for air conditioners in our homes soon at this rate of electronics using so much power and releasing so much heat on top of the heat outside, soon they will tell us power blackouts in summer coming too at this rate..

Last edited:

I changed my bench and desk arrangement and it traps some of the air now, before the summer faded when gaming I could feel my legs toasting up. :cry: These 4090's if they are warmer than 3090's will seriously dump some heat out that people are not used to!

YOLO or if you can afford the 4090 and OLED's then another OLED upgrade isnt going to hurt is it? :p
6ByuDfM.jpg

The ones already wanting a 40 series are already singing ...

Then 13th October they will come out and say... help why is my pc shutting down (still on fire hazard psu from the late 90s that says 10000's watts but really 240w + now spent all money on gpu and no more money for a new psu),stuttering when it didn't before (PEBCAK 99.9% of the time) and over heating (hot rods case with a dremel to fit new gpu but reality is it's still too small and not enough airflow).. You know the regular ones I'm talking about. Then their buyers remorse kicks in as always and they try to either return it or sell it and then a few days later back with another model and you guessed it same issues. Rinse and repeat.. till newer gen is out.

Back
Top Bottom