• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Some impressive scores , The AIB ones fall inline with the leaked 20000 TSE score we got in July ... will go even higher once watercooled :D

My 3090 Strix scores 15409 in Port Royal and 11500 in TSE so the 4090 scores are a very nice uplift , looking forward to having a play :cool:

Has the overwatch 2 frames been posted yet? rigged lineup of course but some interesting thoughts in the comments which I largely agree with.. Such as no reference point on 1% lows, a high framerate is all good, but what's the point if the drops are regular to the 200s say which you will notice vs a constsntly close framerate range. Ok in some games you can lock the target framerate but most games you cannot!

^ Missing 3090s, 3080 Ti....

Has the overwatch 2 frames been posted yet? rigged lineup of course but some interesting thoughts in the comments which I largely agree with.. Such as no reference point on 1% lows, a high framerate is all good, but what's the point if the drops are regular to the 200s say which you will notice vs a constsntly close framerate range. Ok in some games you can lock the target framerate but most games you cannot!

Also an utterly pointless comparison. Showing the 3080 can do 249fps and the 4090 can do 507fps just goes to show its not needed in some games, if not most of them especially at 1440p.
There will be no difference between the two game wise with those ridiculously large fps yet the poor gullible fools will then think its twice as fast so will be a good buy.

Though I agree, great I go from 250 to 480... so glad I spent money on a 1440p 200hz screen so i can see all those extra frames.... /s

Last edited:

What does system latency mean in this context? Because I see a huge jump in fps but small reduction in latency so either it isn’t measuring what I think it is or DLSS 3 is running or both.

I'd imagine that's the render latency figure taken from GFE perhaps since it's nvidia? Either way the scale is expected, 3060 intros a larger render latency because it's not able to push the rendering as fast as the bigger cards. Only a 3ms difference between 3080 and 4090 though means the difference between a 3080 Ti, 3090 and 3090 Ti will be miniscule at best and show up nvidia if they included those cards in the same chart lol.

As @varkanoid says though, at 1440p we're at over 100fps on a 3060, and near or above 200fps on anything above that, so for those sorts of games where is the real benefit?

DLSS 3 wasn't on for that going by the system/game settings noted at the bottom of the chart, only Reflex mode enabled.

Once the review embargo lifts I think we are all in for some eye opening findings lol.

Last edited:
So the AIB overclocked cards were on average 2% faster than the stock speeds. Anyone that wants to spend an extra £500 for an overlocked AIB over the cheapest 4090 needs their heads examined really unless the review benchmarks show something else entirely.

Also an utterly pointless comparison. Showing the 3080 can do 249fps and the 4090 can do 507fps just goes to show its not needed in some games, if not most of them especially at 1440p.
There will be no difference between the two game wise with those ridiculously large fps yet the poor gullible fools will then think its twice as fast so will be a good buy.
While the 4090 performance is all well and good it does make you wonder how are nvidia going release cards for £650 and and less that will actually beat what was available 2 years ago considering the £950 GPU is less than 20% faster than a £650 GPU 2 years ago.

Assuming everything is a stock FE, then that result shows the 4090 about 100% faster then 3090 in firestrike and 90% faster in timespy and port Royal

Latest MLID video

Some bits he claims from his sources

* There is a lot of RTX4090 stock for launch day and the cards are unlikely to sell out on the 1st day

* Reviewers MLID spoke to are very impressed; the 4090 is average 80% faster than the 3090 in rasterisation games and 100% faster in ray traced games.

* The 4090 is much better at power management and doesn't have lots of huge transient spikes like the 3090 and reviewers say if your system can handle a 3090 already you can just drop a 4090 in. The 4090 also apparently undervolts very well.

* MLID also says there will be no 4090ti or Titan, it's been cancelled because Nvidia doesn't think AMD can touch the 4090. The full AD102 GPU would have had a 600w to 700w TDP and being four slots and test models in the lab had overheating problems

MLID also has released photos of a FE 4070 (in the video)

Last edited:
Well £&@#. If there is truly an 80% uplift in raster and 100% in RT over a 3090, then that is a decent generational bump at least.

11/10/22 will be an interesting day for the reviews.

Still don’t think I want one but never say never if it does turn out to be a stonking card.

Same as Seasonic and literally every manufacturer thats worth anything. I havent seen a psu with separate pcie/eps in 10 years
And yet card manufacturers are supplying three way pcie connection leads with their cards and bearing in mind how big of a PSU you need, they could have just supplied twin connectors. The FE comes with a 4 way connector I believe.

And yet card manufacturers are supplying three way pcie connection leads with their cards and bearing in mind how big of a PSU you need, they could have just supplied twin connectors. The FE comes with a 4 way connector I believe.
I am trying to educate people here again and again. 8pin pcie is not the same standard as 8 pin on psu side!!! That why most psu manufacturers give you 2x8pin pcie on a single 8pin connector on psu side(in the box).
Because Nvidia gives you an adapter to standard pcie and not a psu cable, they have to keep stanard of 150W per connector.

Last edited:
Well £&@#. If there is truly an 80% uplift in raster and 100% in RT over a 3090, then that is a decent generational bump at least.

11/10/22 will be an interesting day for the reviews.

Still don’t think I want one but never say never if it does turn out to be a stonking card.

even at less than that I was going to get the FE. Should be a decent upgrade. Can’t see me springing for a strix this time though. Got a strix oc for £1595 last time when they were £1800ish on ocuk And that £200 premium over the FE was as much as I was prepared to go but this time the Asus tax is £500.

FE card plus EK water block for £1869 all in.

I am trying to educate people here again and again. 8pin pcie is not the same standard as 8 pin on psu side!!! That why most psu manufacturers give you 2x8pin pcie on a single 8pin connector on psu side(in the box).
Because Nvidia gives you an adapter to standard pcie and not a psu cable, they have to keep stanard of 150W per connector.

but you just said you haven’t seen a PSU from a decent brand having those connectors for 10 years now.

if your PSU is older than that and then you really will be struggling to power the 4090 anyway. That’s my point

Back
Top Bottom